x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Controller not working at all

After trouble shooting for quite some time trying to get my default Xbox one controller to work I tried my elite controller. This went into usb mode first try no hard reset needed. However when it did go to usb mode, the adapter itself kept turning off and back on as did my keyboard, mouse and controller. Keep in mind my extra power supply was plugged in. I’ve tried all of the moderator’s solutions and not one worked. This product needs a lot of work and possibly more firmware updates to make the keymander 2 the user friendly product it is advertised to be. I don’t have and bad intent behind this at all it’s just that I was very excited to get it in the mail and then after waiting all that time I find that I’m severely disappointed that I can’t even get it to start working. I know it’s harder than normal right now in these abnormal circumstances in the world right now but please, for me and all the other hopeful customers, fix this problem.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Hunter

04/08/2020 6:44 PM

Would it be possible for you to fix the problems you had with the other Xbox One controller? The Elite may be pulling too much power. The KM2 doesn’t have its own power; it only draws power from the Xbox, which is enough to power a controller, and it will draw power from your 1A power adapter, which you stated you had plugged in.

There is another thread that had a similar issue as you and there’s an extensive walkthrough towards the bottom which can hopefully potentially fix your other controller by forcing it in to USB connection mode, you can find that thread here.

04/08/2020 11:34 PM

I have tried several times with me default Xbox one controller. The elite will work after a while but my mic doesn’t work as addressed by a moderator. I don’t really plan on using my elite though because it has really bad drift. If you have anymore solutions to get my default controller to turn on please share.

04/09/2020 11:10 AM

Reply to:

I have tried several times with me default Xbox one controller. The elite will work after a while but my mic doesn’t work as addressed by a moderator. I don’t really plan on using my elite though because it has really bad drift. If you have anymore solutions to get my default controller to turn on please share.

Has the firmware on your Xbox One controllers been updated yet? Please try to update them and see if they update, then do the following:

1. Disconnect the controller from KeyMander 2. 
  2. Disconnect KeyMander 2 from the Xbox One console. 
  3. Disconnect the external power cable from KeyMander 2 (if attached). 
  4. Connect the controller to the Xbox One console with a micro USB cable and update the controller firmware from the Xbox One system menu.
  5. After the controller finishes the update disconnect the controller from the Xbox One.
  6. Press and hold Xbox power button on console for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. 
  7. Unplug the power cable from the console for 1 minute. 
  8. Reconnect power cable to the console and turn on using the power button on the console. DO NOT press the power button on a controller! 
  9. When the green Xbox screen comes on during boot up, connect the controller directly to the Xbox One console using the micro USB cable. (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode.)
  10. Reconnect KeyMander 2 cable to the rear USB port on Xbox One console. 
  11. Pair the KeyMander 2 to the phone and go to the Library tab and wait for your Xbox One game profile to sync.
  12. Reconnect external power cable to KeyMander 2 power port. 
  13. Connect the controller to KeyMander 2 (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode. 
  14. Connect mouse and keyboard.

We are looking into what seems to be a power draw issue as well, but this should get you up and running.

04/09/2020 6:27 PM

Reply to:

EDIT: Didnt see the above comment was already posted prior to me posting this....

Does the other controller have a mic/audio input? Whether or not it does can determine what kind of controller it is, but either way, try the following:

4. Connect the controller to the Xbox One console with a micro USB cable and update the controller firmware from the Xbox One system menu.
  5. After the controller finishes the update disconnect the controller from the Xbox One.
  6. Press and hold Xbox power button on console for 10 seconds until the console shuts down. 
  8. Reconnect power cable to the console and turn on using the power button on the console. DO NOT press the power button on a controller! 
  9. When the green Xbox screen comes on during boot up, connect the controller directly to the Xbox One console using the micro USB cable. (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode.)
  11. Pair the KeyMander 2 to the phone and go to the Library tab and wait for your Xbox One game profile to sync.
  13. Connect the controller to KeyMander 2 (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode.)

04/09/2020 6:28 PM

I followed the steps exactly how instructed and it did not work. What now?

04/09/2020 9:04 PM

Reply to:

Has the firmware on your Xbox One controllers been updated yet? Please try to update them and see if they update, then do the following:

13. Connect the controller to KeyMander 2 (Controller should light up by itself indicating it is in USB mode. 

We are looking into what seems to be a power draw issue as well, but this should get you up and running.

Does the external power have to be plugged in the Xbox or the wall?

04/09/2020 9:07 PM

After I get it to work on my elite it just looks up straight in the air and I’m unable to go down. Other times it will just randomly make it to where when I look to the right or left it will just spend in circles

04/09/2020 9:17 PM

to Be honest I don’t think it will work at all. I be spent hours just trying to get it to work remotely right. I spent 100 dollars on this and there are just too many problems that don’t seem tone fixable

04/09/2020 9:28 PM

Too be fair tho from what I’ve seen when it did work probably it is the best adapter on the market. The slow walk feature was a very nice touch.

04/09/2020 9:40 PM

Reply to:

Does the external power have to be plugged in the Xbox or the wall?

The external power needs to be connected to a 1Amp power supply like a phone charger.

04/10/2020 5:34 PM

Reply to:

After I get it to work on my elite it just looks up straight in the air and I’m unable to go down. Other times it will just randomly make it to where when I look to the right or left it will just spend in circles

What you are describing is usually stuck thumbstick or drifting thumbstick. Are you using an Elite V1 or V2? We are not compatible with the V2 at this time and the KeyMander 2 doesn't support mic yet on the V1.

04/10/2020 5:36 PM

Reply to:

to Be honest I don’t think it will work at all. I be spent hours just trying to get it to work remotely right. I spent 100 dollars on this and there are just too many problems that don’t seem tone fixable

If you are available during our daytime hours just give us a call and let's help you over the phone to speed things up.

04/10/2020 5:38 PM

Ok will due

04/11/2020 12:45 PM

Reply to:

If you are available during our daytime hours just give us a call and let's help you over the phone to speed things up.

nobody Picked up. Am I too late?

04/11/2020 1:12 PM

Reply to:

The external power needs to be connected to a 1Amp power supply like a phone charger.

Smh I completely overlooked this when you helped me. I’ll test it out and follow all the steps and I’ll get back to you with my progress.

04/11/2020 5:06 PM

Reply to:

Smh I completely overlooked this when you helped me. I’ll test it out and follow all the steps and I’ll get back to you with my progress.

Still my controller shuts off.

04/12/2020 8:36 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,