x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Locking up

I am having a problem with my Keymander 2 locking up randomly during gameplay. It seems to be at random times and I am not able to duplicate it. I am using it on a PS4 and I do have an external power source plugged in. Basically what is happening is, while playing a game the unit will stop working and any action I was doing right before it stopped is stuck. So if I was walking forward & shooting, it will keep doing that even after I stop inputting anything. It will also ignore all other inputs. It has also done it after I turned my character and my character was stuck spinning in a circle. The only way for me to fix it is to unplug it from the PS4 & unplug the external power source then plug it all back in. This makes it difficult to use/trust for online FPS games. I have to jump up, quickly unplug everything, plug it back in and hope the enemy team didn't see me standing in the open spinning in a circle and get a free kill. I do notice it usually happens after I first start using it for the day and the longer I use it, the less it seems to happen. However I had it happen 3 times yesterday so I am checking if anybody else has had this problem or if there is a fix for it.

04/12/2020 6:04 PM

Mine was doing that too, I realized I was hitting the f keys by accident and changing the profile lol

04/12/2020 8:39 PM

Yeah I had that problem too but I disabled the mappings in the app for the F keys. So it's something different.

04/12/2020 8:41 PM

Same thing happens to me on Xbox. Disconnects at random and then whatever I was doing continues on as my controller is disconnected—even when I reconnect the game will continue to “hold” whatever button I pressed, so instead of moving my mouse to the left for half a second, the game will think I’m still moving the mouse/right stick.

This was something that seemed to be a rarity but is somehow feeling like a more common occurrence.

I will personally continue to try to test and see if there’s a consistent-enough reason that may cause for it to suddenly crash, and then report back here if I find anything.

04/12/2020 9:12 PM

It does seem to be happening more frequently for me too. I thought maybe it was the Bluetooth causing it because it seemed to happen after I made adjustments but I haven't made any adjustments or even turned on Bluetooth for a week and it is still doing it.

04/12/2020 10:21 PM

what keyboard and mouse you used , maybe the keyboard and mouse could help to check .

04/12/2020 10:39 PM

Reply to:

It does seem to be happening more frequently for me too. I thought maybe it was the Bluetooth causing it because it seemed to happen after I made adjustments but I haven't made any adjustments or even turned on Bluetooth for a week and it is still doing it.

I even did a “reset” through the app and it didn’t seem to do anything — I thought it would roll back the FW and stuff and turn it back into the original form from when I initially received it in the mail (thus being a true reset) but the Firmware stayed the same. I just don’t know why it seems to be happening more frequently now.

I cannot take this in to a competitive mode at all right now since I would usually get kicked out by the time I get everything reconnected again, and even if it does get reconnected I have the issue where button presses (particularly WASD) and mouse movement get interpreted as if I’m holding those movements even though I am not.

When it works, it does so exactly as advertised and I really enjoy it, but the disconnects are killing that enjoyment. It can stay on for hours if plugged in to my Xbox and a power source—if I don’t use it—but after a bit of usage it crashes/disconnects (controller/mouse/keyboard turns off).

04/13/2020 9:28 AM

Reply to:

I even did a “reset” through the app and it didn’t seem to do anything — I thought it would roll back the FW and stuff and turn it back into the original form from when I initially received it in the mail (thus being a true reset) but the Firmware stayed the same. I just don’t know why it seems to be happening more frequently now.

I cannot take this in to a competitive mode at all right now since I would usually get kicked out by the time I get everything reconnected again, and even if it does get reconnected I have the issue where button presses (particularly WASD) and mouse movement get interpreted as if I’m holding those movements even though I am not.

When it works, it does so exactly as advertised and I really enjoy it, but the disconnects are killing that enjoyment. It can stay on for hours if plugged in to my Xbox and a power source—if I don’t use it—but after a bit of usage it crashes/disconnects (controller/mouse/keyboard turns off).

We are trying to figure out why some people have this issue repeatedly and others don't have it at all. Let's see if we can record some information to better help us duplicate this on our end.

• What Xbox One version are you on (Original, S, X)?
  • Do you have an external power supply connected?
  • Are you using batteries in the XB1 controller?
  • What controller are you using (original, original with headset jack, Elite v1, etc.)?
  • What controller firmware revision is showing when you try to update?
  • When it crashes, does the status LED bar turn off or change colors?
  • Does the K2 App show the phone disconnecting?

04/13/2020 1:32 PM

Reply to:

We are trying to figure out why some people have this issue repeatedly and others don't have it at all. Let's see if we can record some information to better help us duplicate this on our end.

• What Xbox One version are you on (Original, S, X)?
  • Do you have an external power supply connected?
  • Are you using batteries in the XB1 controller?
  • What controller are you using (original, original with headset jack, Elite v1, etc.)?
  • What controller firmware revision is showing when you try to update?
  • When it crashes, does the status LED bar turn off or change colors?
  • Does the K2 App show the phone disconnecting?

I may have found the problem...

I noticed that even if the KM2 was plugged into the Xbox without any cables plugged into the KM2’s USB ports, it would still show the flashing low-voltage lights, which seemed odd considering the Xbox should at least be able to power the lone KM2. After some experimenting, I figured out this was because I was using an extension USB cable from the Xbox that was of very low quality that I previously was using with my PC for simple data transfer. I did find another cable that is of higher quality that works as intended — no low voltage warning when the KM2 is used by itself. So far, after about an hour or so of use, I’ve had yet to crash.

But to answer your bullet points:

I am using the Xbox One S;

I am using a 1Amp power supply;

I am not using batteries;

I am using the original Xbox Controller with the headphone/mic jack (Model 1708);

My controller has been updated to Version 4.8.1923.0;

The LED bar stays green when it crashed;

I didn’t always have my phone on when it would crash, but if I recall it did not disconnect.

04/13/2020 3:24 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,