x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

New here

hey I’m new and I got a few questions just bought my KM2 and waiting on it but has

Anyone played Rainbow six siege using this device? 

Also has anyone used a xim Apex and a KM2 and if so is there any difference. 

just trying to make the right purchase for PS4 mnk

04/22/2020 9:48 PM

I had XIM Apex and KM2.

Why I changed from Apex to KM2, because I need its Macro support.

And mics performance I think KM2 also better.

Now I feel by KM2 it almost same as my PC experience.

04/23/2020 2:52 AM

Games with linear aim/look engines and high maximum turn speeds like the Call of Duty franchise play very well with the KeyMander 2. Rainbow Six: Siege has a non-linear aim/look mechanic and has a lower maximum turn speed, which makes it harder to get used to if coming from PC. The lower turn speed limit means you will have to slow down a bit if you are a wrist flick type player, but if you are an arm movement style player like old school CounterStrike players, then it won't be that noticeable. This page explains a lot about how the mouse works inside the console environment, which will help you get used to it. If you are a Call of Duty or Battlefield player the max turn speeds in those games is high enough that they feel like you are on PC, even for wrist flick players.

04/23/2020 9:49 AM

Reply to:

Games with linear aim/look engines and high maximum turn speeds like the Call of Duty franchise play very well with the KeyMander 2. Rainbow Six: Siege has a non-linear aim/look mechanic and has a lower maximum turn speed, which makes it harder to get used to if coming from PC. The lower turn speed limit means you will have to slow down a bit if you are a wrist flick type player, but if you are an arm movement style player like old school CounterStrike players, then it won't be that noticeable. This page explains a lot about how the mouse works inside the console environment, which will help you get used to it. If you are a Call of Duty or Battlefield player the max turn speeds in those games is high enough that they feel like you are on PC, even for wrist flick players.

I’m kind of a wrist player, for r6 but you think I can get that flick play style on r6? My mouse dpi maxes at 8000

04/23/2020 10:21 AM

Reply to:

I had XIM Apex and KM2.

Why I changed from Apex to KM2, because I need its Macro support.

And mics performance I think KM2 also better.

Now I feel by KM2 it almost same as my PC experience.

Thank you for the input, all the rave about xim apex got me worried I made the wrong choice but I feel like KM2 is the underdog and is still new

04/23/2020 10:23 AM

Reply to:

Thank you for the input, all the rave about xim apex got me worried I made the wrong choice but I feel like KM2 is the underdog and is still new

All of the keyboard/mouse emulator products on the market have the same issue with R6S and other games with lower turn speed limits because it's built into the game. However, you can still play extremely well with a little practice and adjusting to it.  I think you'll find that even on games with bad mechanics, KeyMander 2 plays way better than a controller and gives you a significant edge.

04/23/2020 7:48 PM

Reply to:

All of the keyboard/mouse emulator products on the market have the same issue with R6S and other games with lower turn speed limits because it's built into the game. However, you can still play extremely well with a little practice and adjusting to it.  I think you'll find that even on games with bad mechanics, KeyMander 2 plays way better than a controller and gives you a significant edge.

So I got my KEYMANDER today and it’s a little choppy, and good setting for r6 with a max dip of 8k?

04/24/2020 11:29 PM

Reply to:

So I got my KEYMANDER today and it’s a little choppy, and good setting for r6 with a max dip of 8k?

Yes, at low speeds R6S can feel a little stair steppy, which is caused by the game's non-linear aim/look mechanics. We are working to see how we can improve it inside their environment. You will definitely need to make sure to set your dpi to 8K on both the mouse AND the KeyMander 2. You also need to make sure your mouse is set up in on-board memory mode at 8K, or it will not actually be 8K when you connect it to the KeyMander 2.

04/27/2020 11:39 AM

I play r6 with 8k dpi I can do some good flicks and it’s gets easier the more you use it and if you play on PS4 I can help get you better with it my psn is onelight51

05/21/2020 7:19 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,