x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Dont update your controller!

Literally 5 minutes ago i downloaded the new controller update after ive been ignoring it for 3 or so days, and it always worked fine. Ive never had a problem with the device. This new controller update makes the controller not turn on. Luckily i have a spare and it works fine, the updated one worked right before updating it, i was literally in the middle of using it. So ill have to use my non updated old one. You can skip the update by just pressing the glowing white home button everytime you turn on the controller or device. Is xbox cracking down on mnk? Can iogear do anything?

10/23/2021 10:04 PM

To be clear i mean it wont turn on while using the device

10/23/2021 10:05 PM

Reply to:

To be clear i mean it wont turn on while using the device

What is the model number of your controller? I just updated a couple of our 1708 controllers and they still work but no mic. We will be working on this ASAP.

EDIT: The Xbox controller update killed mic function on one of our controllers with and without K2. We tested now with at least five 1708 controllers that are working fine with K2 after the update, so this is not a K2 issue.

10/25/2021 4:00 PM

Mine are 1708s, both have stopped working completely after updating

10/25/2021 7:06 PM

Reply to:

Mine are 1708s, both have stopped working completely after updating

After more testing we found something that seems oddly coincidental in that the mic stopped working on our first controller after the update. It does not work when connected directly to the Xbox One or the K2, so it is either an oddly timed failure or the update did something to it.

Did you make sure you updated your controller with the cable connected directly to the Xbox and not the K2?

10/26/2021 3:27 PM

Reply to:

After more testing we found something that seems oddly coincidental in that the mic stopped working on our first controller after the update. It does not work when connected directly to the Xbox One or the K2, so it is either an oddly timed failure or the update did something to it.

Did you make sure you updated your controller with the cable connected directly to the Xbox and not the K2?

Yes i unplugged the keymander and did it with the xbox

11/05/2021 11:42 PM

Reply to:

Yes i unplugged the keymander and did it with the xbox

We have confirmed all our Xbox One/Series X controllers are working correctly, except for the one controller that seems to have had a problem with the Xbox firmware update. We are not sure what happened to that controller, but it didn't have anything to do with the K2.

11/17/2021 4:55 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,