x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Question about Halo Infinite Profile in Game Center

Could someone please tell me what mouse DPI and polling rate were used when creating this profile? Thank you.

01/21/2022 10:59 AM

You can use any DPI as long as your mouse DPI and K2 App DPI match, the scale will be the same. That said, you will have more incremental control of adjustment if your mouse has a higher DPI, so 3500-5000 DPI or higher will probably feel smoother for you.

01/21/2022 11:29 AM

Reply to:

You can use any DPI as long as your mouse DPI and K2 App DPI match, the scale will be the same. That said, you will have more incremental control of adjustment if your mouse has a higher DPI, so 3500-5000 DPI or higher will probably feel smoother for you.

For most games I usually just set up 5 different DPIs from 2k to 16k then try each of them out with the keymander matching each different one to see which feels best. Halo Infinite is the first game I have felt improvement in after lowering my polling rate from 1000 to 500 though so I was trying to see if you had the same results. It's just weird to me because I tried lowering to 500 polling rate on apex legends and overwatch to see what happened and it made both those games feel much worse.

01/22/2022 8:52 AM

Reply to:

For most games I usually just set up 5 different DPIs from 2k to 16k then try each of them out with the keymander matching each different one to see which feels best. Halo Infinite is the first game I have felt improvement in after lowering my polling rate from 1000 to 500 though so I was trying to see if you had the same results. It's just weird to me because I tried lowering to 500 polling rate on apex legends and overwatch to see what happened and it made both those games feel much worse.

I see you have it figured out! Polling rate *can* have an affect on the smoothness of the mouse, but it is uncommon to have a lower polling rate feel better. That said, there are a few games where we've seen improvement on the feel of the mouse at 500Hz, so we do recommend that as a test step when you can't find a suitable setting for you. Games with a good aim/look engine like Call of Duty titles work best at 1000Hz (1KHz).

01/24/2022 4:36 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,