x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

RedDragon s101-5 compatibility

Hey guys! First post here to the forum and my keymander 2 comes in February 5th and I am damn excited. So with that I have a question. I was looking at start up bundle sets of mouse and keyboards since I currently don't have any keyboards or mice in my house. My local bestbuy has a reddragon s101-5 bundle mouse and keyboard for 39.99 and the mouse has a dpi button which is super attractive to me. I looked around for the compatibility and the only thing I found is about the s101-3 which keymander does not recommend. But nothing about the s101-5. Does anyone have experience with this setup of is there something out there I should be looking at it instead?

01/30/2022 7:21 PM

Some of the Redragon products work and some do not. The problem with Redragon and similar direct China import keyboards and mice is that in their attempt to make them more inexpensive and get a competitive advantage with price, they do things like combine what is normally discrete chipsets which often leads to the product only working when connected to a PC because it requires handshaking before it identifies on the bus. Since K2 is not a PC, many these types of products don't usually work without us making a special firmware patch to recognize them.

The S101-3 is one of the combos I we have already tested and it was compatible, but the S101-5 while an updated version of the same product has not been tested, so we cannot guarantee it works.

01/31/2022 10:06 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,