x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Everything looses power PLEASE HELP

I'll start by saying that I've had this key minder 2 for about a year now, it's had its quirks but it's worked mostly as intended. I've gone through about five mice and one full-sized keyboard, and my current half-sized keypad, all have worked perfectly. I have been using the setup I have now for about 3 months, which is as follows:

-Xbox Series X

-Xbox Series Controller (USBC)

-Razor Basilisk V2

-RedThunder G30 keypad

Before I started using the newest model of Xbox controller, I was using the last-gen controller up until last night. The controller itself was broken, the charging port was too loose and would disconnect at a gust of wind. So, I grabbed a usbc cable and hooked up the new model controller. The keymander lights would turn on and sense the Xbox and turn green, the mouse and keypad would turn on as usual, but the controller wouldn't be on. I resorted to starting the process from scratch, unplugging everything, restarting the keymander and the Xbox(restarted the keymander while it still had power then restarted the Xbox), and then when I plugged the keymander back in, the keymander would light up white, the keypad would turn on along with the mouse, and after a second or two the controller would vibrate(like it received power) but wouldn't turn on, and then seconds after that the keymander would completely turn off, but I would hear a faint, high-pitched buzzing coming from the keymander itself. I'm using all the latest updates and software, keymander, and the controller. I'm not sure where I went wrong, but I love this product, and damn it I want it to work, PLEASE HELP

02/09/2022 3:04 AM

Do you have a power cable running into the KM2? Is the USBC cable able to send and receive data (just a standalone charging cable may not work)? Did you verify the controller is in cable direct mode not wireless? When you turn the console on, does the KM2 and everything else also turn on?

Sometimes I may accidentally hit the key that switches the system to Keyboard/Mouse mode, so open the app to make sure it’s not in that mode (it would say at the top) or hit the hot key to switch back and forth.

This issue in general sometimes happens to me but it’s usually fixed by unplugging and replugging the controller with everything else still on, and/or swapping to KB/M mode and back to controller mode.

02/15/2022 12:44 AM

Reply to:

Do you have a power cable running into the KM2? Is the USBC cable able to send and receive data (just a standalone charging cable may not work)? Did you verify the controller is in cable direct mode not wireless? When you turn the console on, does the KM2 and everything else also turn on?

Sometimes I may accidentally hit the key that switches the system to Keyboard/Mouse mode, so open the app to make sure it’s not in that mode (it would say at the top) or hit the hot key to switch back and forth.

This issue in general sometimes happens to me but it’s usually fixed by unplugging and replugging the controller with everything else still on, and/or swapping to KB/M mode and back to controller mode.

Thank you for the reply!

As of right now, everything turns off before I have a chance to check anything with the app.

I do have a power cord connected to my keymander

And I'm using the same cord that I have for a year now to connect my controllers, so I'm not sure what it might be, if worse comes to worst, I can just buy another

02/16/2022 3:06 PM

Reply to:

Thank you for the reply!

As of right now, everything turns off before I have a chance to check anything with the app.

I do have a power cord connected to my keymander

And I'm using the same cord that I have for a year now to connect my controllers, so I'm not sure what it might be, if worse comes to worst, I can just buy another

Does the KM2 stay on if your KB and mouse are both disconnected, leaving only your controller connected, with power? Also, I keep my batteries out of the controller too.

Also, since you say you’re using a new controller, have you verified that the current controller is updated and works with the Xbox without the KM2? You could also make sure it’s in direct mode by keeping your controller plugged in directly into the console without the KM2 plugged in, turning the console off by pressing the power so it goes into sleep, then waiting a few seconds before pressing power again to wake. The controller should turn on automatically with the console.

02/16/2022 7:28 PM

Reply to:

Does the KM2 stay on if your KB and mouse are both disconnected, leaving only your controller connected, with power? Also, I keep my batteries out of the controller too.

Also, since you say you’re using a new controller, have you verified that the current controller is updated and works with the Xbox without the KM2? You could also make sure it’s in direct mode by keeping your controller plugged in directly into the console without the KM2 plugged in, turning the console off by pressing the power so it goes into sleep, then waiting a few seconds before pressing power again to wake. The controller should turn on automatically with the console.

^^^This is all absolutely correct. I would also like to know what version of firmware is running on your K2? If you have had it a long time and not updated, you may be using an older version that didn't work with the new 1914 controllers. Please check.

02/17/2022 3:24 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,