x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Keyboard disabled after new firmware update

My keyboard function has completely vanished after the new firmware update on the Keymander 2. Is anyone else experiencing this on their xbox series?

03/09/2022 7:03 AM

The 1.2.117 update had a bug that messed with some previously working keyboards/mice.

You can either downgrade to the the previous version (1.2.116) HERE

or

You can download the newest version that was just released last night (1.2.118) that should have also corrected this issue.

03/09/2022 8:31 AM

I see that you are on 1.2.118.

What is your keyboard's make and model?

03/09/2022 8:46 AM

Hey thanks for getting to me. I tried one silly thing, removing the mouse (since it was still responsiding), and keeping only the keyboard plugged in with the controller. Oddly enough that's worked.

03/09/2022 9:10 AM

Reply to:

Hey thanks for getting to me. I tried one silly thing, removing the mouse (since it was still responsiding), and keeping only the keyboard plugged in with the controller. Oddly enough that's worked.

Removing a device causes the K2 to start the "handshake" all over, so if there was an error that can fix it. Also, when devices start to draw close to the limit of power K2 can provide, the order in which you connect the keyboard, mouse and controller can make a difference, but we usually recommend connecting external power in this situation to help prevent additional issues.

03/09/2022 10:06 AM

I'm having to use these extra methods every single time I want to use the Keymander, with times where it wont work at all. Its getting bothersome, as I've been unsuccessful for about an hour now. I never had this issue until the update.

03/13/2022 8:13 AM

Reply to:

I'm having to use these extra methods every single time I want to use the Keymander, with times where it wont work at all. Its getting bothersome, as I've been unsuccessful for about an hour now. I never had this issue until the update.

What keyboard and mouse do you have?

What console are you on?

03/16/2022 5:21 PM

Reply to:

What keyboard and mouse do you have?

What console are you on?

Sorry for latent response. One of the other mods told me to plug in external power and restart the handshake. Unplug mouse until keyboard responds, and then plug mouse back in. Works every time now.

I use a generic (albeit expensive) one handed keyboard and Razer Naga pro. The peripherals weren't the issue, it was the user (this guy).

03/20/2022 11:59 AM

Reply to:

Sorry for latent response. One of the other mods told me to plug in external power and restart the handshake. Unplug mouse until keyboard responds, and then plug mouse back in. Works every time now.

I use a generic (albeit expensive) one handed keyboard and Razer Naga pro. The peripherals weren't the issue, it was the user (this guy).

Just kidding, that was you that told me that lol So sorry. Overworked and nil time to focus on much else. You rock!

03/20/2022 12:01 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,