x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

KB works, mouse maps but won't work in-game

Keymander 2

DasKeyboard

Xbox One X

Overwatch profile

I have tried a bare-bones-basic Logitech M100 and a Logitech G502 Hero mouse. With the 502, I can map mouse buttons (there are no extra buttons on the M100) but neither mouse will do anything - looking/motion nor registering clicks - when playing Overwatch. I have set the in-game settings per suggestions. The keyboard works fine.

The Keymander does not show a yellow "low power" indication (which I have read about on another thread). The Keymander is plugged into a power adapter. I have verified that the Xbox controller is connected via the Keymander and not wirelessly.

Either I'm totally missing something or this Keymander thing just doesn't work. Anyone have any suggestions beyond what I've already tried?

05/28/2022 8:46 PM

There are a few things that can prevent the mouse and keyboard from working in game:

• Make sure you have F8 set to Emulation mode, not Direct mode. Direct mode passes the keyboard and mouse functions through and the game will not respond.
  • If you are using the Series X with the 1914 controller that it comes with, you are using your own USB type-C to USB type-A cable. It is extremely important this cable pass data, not just power, or the keyboard and mouse will not work.
  • The G502 mouse is compatible as we have a few here and have tested extensively, however if the keyboard is not compatible it can stop both the keyboard and the mouse from working.

06/01/2022 12:05 PM

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Let me re-state a few things just to make sure it is clear what my situation is:

I have an Xbox One X - not a Series X.

I am using a Microsoft Elite controller (I believe it is a v2).

The cable I am using to connect that controller to the Keymander 2 (a third-party cable I purchased separately and which I sometimes use for data transfer from my Android devices to my computer) has a data transfer speed "up to 480Mbps" per the manufacturer (Anker).

The keyboard works fine.

The keyboard and mouse are each individually connected directly to the Keymander 2. The mouse is NOT connected to the keyboard.

While using the Android app, I can map controller buttons to buttons on the mouse, but as I mentioned there is no mouse functionality in-game (no motion, no button presses detected).

I have tried pressing the F8 key on the keyboard, but that does not change the fact that no mouse activity is detected in-game.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to get the Keymander to work soon otherwise I will have to return it as defective.

06/01/2022 12:53 PM

Reply to:

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Let me re-state a few things just to make sure it is clear what my situation is:

I have an Xbox One X - not a Series X.

I am using a Microsoft Elite controller (I believe it is a v2).

The cable I am using to connect that controller to the Keymander 2 (a third-party cable I purchased separately and which I sometimes use for data transfer from my Android devices to my computer) has a data transfer speed "up to 480Mbps" per the manufacturer (Anker).

The keyboard works fine.

The keyboard and mouse are each individually connected directly to the Keymander 2. The mouse is NOT connected to the keyboard.

While using the Android app, I can map controller buttons to buttons on the mouse, but as I mentioned there is no mouse functionality in-game (no motion, no button presses detected).

I have tried pressing the F8 key on the keyboard, but that does not change the fact that no mouse activity is detected in-game.

If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to get the Keymander to work soon otherwise I will have to return it as defective.

If you have Xbox One X, let's start with this test procedure here.

If it works after following those steps, great. If not, follow on below. The Elite Controller V2 is compatible with K2 so that isn't our issue. If you use the same cable to transfer data to your phone, then it is a normal data cable and that isn't our issue. That leaves us three things to check:

1. Press F1 to make sure you are in the first profile slot. Since our Overwatch profile has two profile slots programmed you could also test with F2, but we suggest F1 to keep this a uniform test.
  2. F8 function which you need to check in the K2 App to make sure it says it is in KM Emulation, not Direct mode.
  3. Do the keyboard and mouse light up when connected to K2? If not, that will indicate either a low power issue or a lack of compatibility.

Since we know the G502 is compatible, there's another way we can test confirm if the problem lies with the keyboard or K2. Disconnect the keyboard but leave the controller and mouse connected. Power on the Xbox One X and wait until the controller turns on by itself. After it powers on, log in and open your game using the controller. Once in the game, use the mouse and make sure the aim/look is working with the mouse. If so, connect the keyboard and see if movement works. If not, the problem is the keyboard.

06/07/2022 4:24 PM

Reply to:

If you have Xbox One X, let's start with this test procedure here.

If it works after following those steps, great. If not, follow on below. The Elite Controller V2 is compatible with K2 so that isn't our issue. If you use the same cable to transfer data to your phone, then it is a normal data cable and that isn't our issue. That leaves us three things to check:

1. Press F1 to make sure you are in the first profile slot. Since our Overwatch profile has two profile slots programmed you could also test with F2, but we suggest F1 to keep this a uniform test.
  2. F8 function which you need to check in the K2 App to make sure it says it is in KM Emulation, not Direct mode.
  3. Do the keyboard and mouse light up when connected to K2? If not, that will indicate either a low power issue or a lack of compatibility.

Since we know the G502 is compatible, there's another way we can test confirm if the problem lies with the keyboard or K2. Disconnect the keyboard but leave the controller and mouse connected. Power on the Xbox One X and wait until the controller turns on by itself. After it powers on, log in and open your game using the controller. Once in the game, use the mouse and make sure the aim/look is working with the mouse. If so, connect the keyboard and see if movement works. If not, the problem is the keyboard.

After proceeding step-by-step through all the suggestions, it appears that the issue is/was the keyboard. After unplugging it, I could see mouse movement, and then after plugging in a different keyboard both it and the mouse worked.

Apparently the DasKeyboard works on its own, but prevents the mouse from working. The only thing I have noticed so far is that the other keyboard (the one which works), when plugged into the Keymander, always has its Caps Lock light on (it is a standard Apple "flat" keyboard - not ideal for gaming but it is the only other keyboard I have). I don't think I have any keys mapped to CapsLock.

But speaking of mapping keys... I have noticed that the app takes FOREVER to connect to the Keymander. It pairs to my phone via Bluetooth fairly rapidly, but it took several minutes (10 maybe) for it to actually connect to the app. I nearly gave up when it finally showed up. The phone was about a foot from the Keymander, so distance/signal should not have been a problem unless the Keymander's transmitter is exceptionally weak.

Thanks again for the help!

06/08/2022 6:46 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,