x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

New KeyMander 2 - Doesn't get past "Finding Device" in Phone App

Hello,

I have recently purchased this device and cannot get past the "Finding Device" portion of the app when attempting to connect it do my phone. When I press the first button on the KeyMander, it will go white as intended and eventually go back to flashing green. If I check my phone's Bluetooth tab, I can connect the device from the Android Bluetooth tab and see it just fine. I have tried attempting to get past the "Finding Device" portion of the app by having both forgotten the device and having the device connected, while having the KeyMander broadcast when at the "Finding Device" part of the app.

Please advise.

09/27/2022 10:58 AM

After further experimentation, it is possible this may have to do with me using Android 13. I went as far as to trying to give the app storage permissions a different thread and there was not a specific option for this. (Whether that has to do with anything, I have no idea. :P) What I did discover is if I tried to give it other permissions (Such as music and videos) My phone told me that this app did not support this version.

I had an old phone laying around that uses Android 8 and it discovered the device with no problems this way and is currently updating the firmware. I will attempt to see if I can connect the desired phone by editing this post once complete.

EDIT: After updating the firmware and such, it still does not connect to my Android 13 phone, but still works just fine with my Android 8 phone. Additionally, upon initial setup, If you scroll through the hardware setup page "too fast", you will not get past the 4th bubble and will have to restart the app to work again. Other than that, I can settle with using the older phone for now to use this. Better than nothing. :)

I'm hoping that this thread will be useful to perhaps use this on my desired phone in the future.

09/27/2022 11:31 AM

Reply to:

After further experimentation, it is possible this may have to do with me using Android 13. I went as far as to trying to give the app storage permissions a different thread and there was not a specific option for this. (Whether that has to do with anything, I have no idea. :P) What I did discover is if I tried to give it other permissions (Such as music and videos) My phone told me that this app did not support this version.

I had an old phone laying around that uses Android 8 and it discovered the device with no problems this way and is currently updating the firmware. I will attempt to see if I can connect the desired phone by editing this post once complete.

EDIT: After updating the firmware and such, it still does not connect to my Android 13 phone, but still works just fine with my Android 8 phone. Additionally, upon initial setup, If you scroll through the hardware setup page "too fast", you will not get past the 4th bubble and will have to restart the app to work again. Other than that, I can settle with using the older phone for now to use this. Better than nothing. :)

I'm hoping that this thread will be useful to perhaps use this on my desired phone in the future.

Thank you for reporting this. We will advise our engineers about the possible incompatibility with Android 13 for the future update!

I have sent you a direct message with a few questions.

09/27/2022 2:12 PM

Reply to:

Thank you for reporting this. We will advise our engineers about the possible incompatibility with Android 13 for the future update!

I have sent you a direct message with a few questions.

Having same issue, cant connect to android 13 phones. Dont have an alternate phone to connect to... will likely have to take a 15% restocking fee hit on the return. :(

12/03/2022 8:46 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,