x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

i can’t use the device at all

i’ve tried everything i saw on here and nothing fixes it, i have the green bar n everything

11/14/2022 4:15 PM

What exactly is happening?

Are you able to use mouse in-game?

Are you able to use keyboard in-game?

If either are RGB, do they light up?

What console are you playing on?

Are you able to make keys and mouse clicks on the K2 app?

Are you using the power port on the K2 and connecting to an outlet?

Are you using the USB that was provided in the box as the USB that is connecting your controller to the console?

11/15/2022 9:09 AM

Reply to:

What exactly is happening?

Are you able to use mouse in-game?

Are you able to use keyboard in-game?

If either are RGB, do they light up?

What console are you playing on?

Are you able to make keys and mouse clicks on the K2 app?

Are you using the power port on the K2 and connecting to an outlet?

Are you using the USB that was provided in the box as the USB that is connecting your controller to the console?

the keyboard and mouse don’t respond at all, the only thing that works is F8 to switch between direct

It lights up green

xbox series x

no i don’t think so

yes

yes but i’ve even tried other usb cables and they don’t work either

11/16/2022 9:14 PM

Reply to:

the keyboard and mouse don’t respond at all, the only thing that works is F8 to switch between direct

It lights up green

xbox series x

no i don’t think so

yes

yes but i’ve even tried other usb cables and they don’t work either

Okay, so first let's make sure the K2 app can register keys and mouse clicks when trying to map.

If the K2 app does not register the keys/mouse clicks, we may be looking at an incompatible mouse/keyboard.

Since you are using a series X, the next gen controllers come with a USB Type C connector. In the box, we supply a charge and sync Micro USB cable. Therefore, you will need to ensure that you have a USB Type C "charge and sync" cable.

You can check to see if your USB is charge and sync by turning off your controller and connecting the USB directly to the Xbox. If the controller turns on by itself, it is a charge and sync cable. If it requires you to press the home button to power on, it is not.

If you happen to still have one of the older gen controllers with the Micro USB connector, you can try that with the cable we supplied and that should work if the keyboard and mouse are compatible.

11/18/2022 8:32 AM

Reply to:

Okay, so first let's make sure the K2 app can register keys and mouse clicks when trying to map.

If the K2 app does not register the keys/mouse clicks, we may be looking at an incompatible mouse/keyboard.

Since you are using a series X, the next gen controllers come with a USB Type C connector. In the box, we supply a charge and sync Micro USB cable. Therefore, you will need to ensure that you have a USB Type C "charge and sync" cable.

You can check to see if your USB is charge and sync by turning off your controller and connecting the USB directly to the Xbox. If the controller turns on by itself, it is a charge and sync cable. If it requires you to press the home button to power on, it is not.

If you happen to still have one of the older gen controllers with the Micro USB connector, you can try that with the cable we supplied and that should work if the keyboard and mouse are compatible.

The keyboard is definitely compatible, i’ve used this keyboard and mouse in the past unless some things have changed, it’s been a month since I used it because I was moving. Now that I think about it I may be using the wrong usb cable for the controller but i’m not completely sure. The app detects key presses and i’ve tried other troubleshoot methods

11/18/2022 5:38 PM

Reply to:

The keyboard is definitely compatible, i’ve used this keyboard and mouse in the past unless some things have changed, it’s been a month since I used it because I was moving. Now that I think about it I may be using the wrong usb cable for the controller but i’m not completely sure. The app detects key presses and i’ve tried other troubleshoot methods

If the K2 app detects the mouse and keyboard clicks when mapping, it should indeed be compatible. In that case, the USB cable would be the remaining factor. The K2 did not come with a USB-C charge and sync cable so if you happen to still have the Micro USB cable that came in the box along with an old gen controller that has a Micro USB connector, that should work.

Being able to map keys and mouse clicks is the quickest way to see if either is incompatible.

11/21/2022 8:38 AM

Reply to:

If the K2 app detects the mouse and keyboard clicks when mapping, it should indeed be compatible. In that case, the USB cable would be the remaining factor. The K2 did not come with a USB-C charge and sync cable so if you happen to still have the Micro USB cable that came in the box along with an old gen controller that has a Micro USB connector, that should work.

Being able to map keys and mouse clicks is the quickest way to see if either is incompatible.

Damn. I dont.. Have any suggestions on a good cable that would work?

11/21/2022 9:04 PM

(as in cables i could buy)

11/22/2022 12:22 AM

Reply to:

oh and also if you read this i did have another slight issue that could've possibly played a role in this. my device was on 1.2.116 and wasn't allowing me to update it so after finding out i can update it i'll see for the results

12/03/2022 7:56 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,