x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Microphone not working on Xbox One X

Hi,

I just purchased the KEYMANDER 2, and got it all hooked up. The only issue I have is the microphone that is hooked up to my controller is not working. When I remove the KEYMANDER, my headset microphone is able to transmit through to folks I am playing with.

Also, with the headset and the KEYMANDER, every 5 minutes the sound in the headset glitches and distorts the headset sound in a way similar to the old 56k modem tones. It lasts for maybe 10-15 seconds.

The main issue I would like resolved is the ability for my mic to work while using KEYMANDER.

03/19/2020 1:16 PM

The mic mute is default set to F9, so press F9 and see if the mute unmutes.  You can change the mic mute settings on the device page of the K2 App. 

There is a headset audio issue we are currently working on that seems to make a low level crackle or pop every so often, but it doesn't continue like what you described.  What console are you on, what game are you playing and what headset are you using? 

03/19/2020 2:16 PM

I am on an Xbox One X, and I am playing Overwatch. I have made sure to unmute the mic.

My headset is a Razer Electra. It is plugged into a S1 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller.

03/19/2020 2:22 PM

Reply to:

I am on an Xbox One X, and I am playing Overwatch. I have made sure to unmute the mic.

My headset is a Razer Electra. It is plugged into a S1 Xbox Elite Wireless Controller.

One of our staff has misplaced our XB1 Elite test controller (I think that was code for he took it home to play with it) so I apologize as we will have to test with it tomorrow. Just to clarify, yours is an original Elite, not the V2 correct?

03/19/2020 4:13 PM

That is correct, it is v1. I verified the model number.

03/19/2020 4:52 PM

I am also using a Razer Deathadder Elite Mouse and Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard. The extra power is plugged in for the KEYMANDER. Just so you know my complete setup.

03/19/2020 5:34 PM

Reply to:

I am also using a Razer Deathadder Elite Mouse and Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard. The extra power is plugged in for the KEYMANDER. Just so you know my complete setup.

We were able to confirm there is a firmware issue with the Elite controller mic. Our hardware team is aware and working on it now. In the meantime we suggest using the controller that came with your system until we roll out the update to patch it.

03/20/2020 9:32 AM

Reply to:

We were able to confirm there is a firmware issue with the Elite controller mic. Our hardware team is aware and working on it now. In the meantime we suggest using the controller that came with your system until we roll out the update to patch it.

Understood. I thought it was only an issue with Elite v2, not all Elite models. I do not have that original controller because it broke. I will see what I can do.

03/20/2020 11:38 AM

I now have a standard controller, and now the mic works. But everyone I play with complains that it is cutting in and out.

03/20/2020 2:29 PM

Reply to:

I now have a standard controller, and now the mic works. But everyone I play with complains that it is cutting in and out.

If you are playing Modern Warfare, what setting did you use for the open mic?

03/20/2020 3:04 PM

I am still just playing Overwatch.

03/20/2020 3:58 PM

Now the microphone isn’t working with the regular controller.

03/20/2020 8:35 PM

Reply to:

Now the microphone isn’t working with the regular controller.

Hi Jcaubo,

Can you please check your Microphone setting on the K2 App Device tab and see if the mic slider is green, then double check the Trigger mode is set to Toggle as seen below?

03/23/2020 3:44 PM

I have confirmed those were the settings and my microphone is still not working while playing Overwatch, even after going to the store and purchasing a regular Xbox controller and using it.

03/24/2020 8:17 AM

Reply to:

I have confirmed those were the settings and my microphone is still not working while playing Overwatch, even after going to the store and purchasing a regular Xbox controller and using it.

Can you post a screenshot of the device tab in your app so we can see these items below?

03/24/2020 10:51 AM

Reply to:

I think we may have found the issue.  We were testing an older controller today and found no mic audio.  We updated the controller and it worked again.  Please check your controller for an update, and even if it says no update press the button anyway and force it to tryl

03/24/2020 4:06 PM

I have updated the controller and the mic is working. People I play with are complaining about the sound quality. I cannot tell because I am not on the receiving end of it.

03/25/2020 4:44 PM

Reply to:

I have updated the controller and the mic is working. People I play with are complaining about the sound quality. I cannot tell because I am not on the receiving end of it.

We have reproduced the problem and have our engineering team working on it.  The audio sounds normal while in a game lobby, but when the action gets heavy it seems the audio starts getting distorted. We should have an update soon.

03/27/2020 10:38 AM

We have a temporary workaround but you need a second controller. Connect the second controller to the Xbox One with a micro USB cable and connect the headset to the second controller.  The KeyMander will function with the first controller and the microphone/headset will function with the second controller.

03/27/2020 11:25 AM

Is there a projection (in weeks) of when that update to KEYMANDER 2 will happen? ?

04/01/2020 11:30 AM

My mic isn’t working properly with my elite or regular controller. It buzzes constantly and makes very loud noises for my teammates...

please help!

04/02/2020 7:57 PM

Reply to:

My mic isn’t working properly with my elite or regular controller. It buzzes constantly and makes very loud noises for my teammates...

please help!

They are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. For now, if you have another controller, you can connect that controller to your Xbox and use that one for sound/mic use and the Keymander will still work as well.

04/02/2020 8:32 PM

Reply to:

Is there a projection (in weeks) of when that update to KEYMANDER 2 will happen? ?

Engineering told me to expect an update to test next week, so likely the release version will be 2 weeks or so.

04/03/2020 3:01 PM

any update on this?

02/17/2021 2:53 PM

Reply to:

any update on this?

This issue was fixed almost a year ago. We added compatibility for the controllers that had mic issues.

02/19/2021 1:43 PM

Reply to:

This issue was fixed almost a year ago. We added compatibility for the controllers that had mic issues.

My mic just randomly stopped working. It works when I plug it into a usb that isn’t the KEYMANDER but still does not work with the KEYMANDER.

08/10/2022 10:34 AM

a SIMPLE fix if you got a spare controller lying around that maybe even is broken or older. Start your xbox with the controller that your microphone is plugged into and plug your SECOND controller into the keymander. Join the party on your first controller, and start your game on the keyboard. It will ask you to sign in and you can select your own account. It will keep you in the party and will not break the mic.

12/11/2022 7:04 AM

Have been doing this for 2 weeks on xbox. I do not know about playstation.

12/11/2022 7:06 AM

I’m using the Keymander 2 and my mic won’t work. Sometimes it works but only loud buzzing comes from it. Plz help

03/09/2024 6:37 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,