x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

First week feelings

I recieved my adapter just a few days ago, so far works well with every console. The default profiles are set up well in the library, just might need minor adjustments depending on DPI. Product performs well, only complaint I have is my bluetooth sync button completely depressed into the unit on the first push during setup. I can connect by forcing the connection on startup so the unit is still usable, not worth troubling the shipping industry during the coronavirus outbreak. Issue aside, definitely giving me an upper hand on competitive console games.

03/21/2020 8:16 PM

Im new to these forums... I’ve usually looked away from getting the keymander since I have been eagerly awaiting for Xim Apex to finally be back in stock online, but the newly released keymander 2 seems to be a lot more user-friendly than the Xim from what I have seen, and creating macros is something Xim doesn’t have built in—though I’m worried if there are any noticeable performance differences between the two.

I was a very good PC player a long time ago (played on semi-pro teams and such) and then switched to console some years ago and I’ve been with it since, so I probably lost my PC skill by now honestly. I would consider myself “okay” with controller but some games, particularly Overwatch, just has some weird controls that I just cannot set correctly to suit my needs. I’m pretty good on COD franchise games, but that’s also probably because of the slower player movement (specifically when ADS) compared to overwatch.

Since you have used it, would you recommend I try the Keymander 2 out for myself? Does the aim assist make you hit shots better or does it make your aim worse? I understand the basics about the KBM setup, and that turn speed is limited to ingame controller sensitivity, along with it being fairly difficult to create a true “1:1” feel.

03/22/2020 3:06 PM

Reply to:

Im new to these forums... I’ve usually looked away from getting the keymander since I have been eagerly awaiting for Xim Apex to finally be back in stock online, but the newly released keymander 2 seems to be a lot more user-friendly than the Xim from what I have seen, and creating macros is something Xim doesn’t have built in—though I’m worried if there are any noticeable performance differences between the two.

I was a very good PC player a long time ago (played on semi-pro teams and such) and then switched to console some years ago and I’ve been with it since, so I probably lost my PC skill by now honestly. I would consider myself “okay” with controller but some games, particularly Overwatch, just has some weird controls that I just cannot set correctly to suit my needs. I’m pretty good on COD franchise games, but that’s also probably because of the slower player movement (specifically when ADS) compared to overwatch.

Since you have used it, would you recommend I try the Keymander 2 out for myself? Does the aim assist make you hit shots better or does it make your aim worse? I understand the basics about the KBM setup, and that turn speed is limited to ingame controller sensitivity, along with it being fairly difficult to create a true “1:1” feel.

I definitely recommend this product, I have achieved much more of a 1:1 feeling with the new keymander than I have felt with the Xim. The aim assist help while using mouse and keyboard hasnt been an issue for me so far, but I also believe this will highly depend on the game you choose. For example Apex Legends you can remove the aim assist completely, where as Destiny 2 you are locked into always having this assist on.

So far the default profiles the keymander developers have set up seem pretty solid, only needing minor tweaking for your personal liking. As far as the macro features go, I absolutely love it! Very easy and straightforward keybinding process, I completely remapped 1 games controls in roughly 5 minutes with zero issues.

All in all if you enjoy the feeling of PC gaming but want to play on console, this is a good fit. Let me know of you decide to try it, I'd be happy to set up some overwatch profiles with you! Cheers!

03/22/2020 11:09 PM

Reply to:

I definitely recommend this product, I have achieved much more of a 1:1 feeling with the new keymander than I have felt with the Xim. The aim assist help while using mouse and keyboard hasnt been an issue for me so far, but I also believe this will highly depend on the game you choose. For example Apex Legends you can remove the aim assist completely, where as Destiny 2 you are locked into always having this assist on.

So far the default profiles the keymander developers have set up seem pretty solid, only needing minor tweaking for your personal liking. As far as the macro features go, I absolutely love it! Very easy and straightforward keybinding process, I completely remapped 1 games controls in roughly 5 minutes with zero issues.

All in all if you enjoy the feeling of PC gaming but want to play on console, this is a good fit. Let me know of you decide to try it, I'd be happy to set up some overwatch profiles with you! Cheers!

I’ve actually gone ahead and purchased it. Looks like there’s a 30-day return policy on it via amazon so figured why not give it a shot. The app itself looks a lot better than Xim as well, and looks more user-friendly and straightforward. Eager to try it out.

03/23/2020 12:34 AM

Reply to:

I’ve actually gone ahead and purchased it. Looks like there’s a 30-day return policy on it via amazon so figured why not give it a shot. The app itself looks a lot better than Xim as well, and looks more user-friendly and straightforward. Eager to try it out.

I'm sure you will love it. I have to agree with you the app is much better than Xim. Super simple layout and easy to navigate. Let me know if you have the same sync button issue mine has please.

03/23/2020 11:00 AM

Reply to:

I'm sure you will love it. I have to agree with you the app is much better than Xim. Super simple layout and easy to navigate. Let me know if you have the same sync button issue mine has please.

Sure thing. Should be here Friday.

03/23/2020 11:24 AM

Hi Myth,

If your BT button is stuck inside, you can remove the screw holding the housing locked together by lifting up the rubber foot shown in the image below.  Carefully separate the halves of the housing and lift out the board, then push the button back into place.  We will of course swap the unit for you if you prefer not to try this or the button is somehow broken, but in light of our limited ability at our office, this may solve the issue for you much faster.

03/23/2020 1:26 PM

Reply to:

In games where aim-assist cannot be defeated in the menu, I find that cranking up the mouse dpi to maximum on mice with over 10K resolution will help overload the sampling for the aim assist hitbox, basically defeating it or decreasing the aim assist pull quite a bit. I haven't played D2 in quite awhile but give it a try and see if it helps.

03/23/2020 1:32 PM

Reply to:

Hi Myth,

If your BT button is stuck inside, you can remove the screw holding the housing locked together by lifting up the rubber foot shown in the image below.  Carefully separate the halves of the housing and lift out the board, then push the button back into place.  We will of course swap the unit for you if you prefer not to try this or the button is somehow broken, but in light of our limited ability at our office, this may solve the issue for you much faster.

Thank you, I will give this a shot when I get home tonight.

03/23/2020 2:02 PM

Arrived today, two days earlier than predicted! I might write a full review of initial testing and such if anyone (and perhaps devs) may be interested.

03/25/2020 12:55 PM

Reply to:

Arrived today, two days earlier than predicted! I might write a full review of initial testing and such if anyone (and perhaps devs) may be interested.

I’d love to see a review maybe sum helpful tips for this device:)

03/26/2020 2:16 AM

Reply to:

I’d love to see a review maybe sum helpful tips for this device:)

What kind of tips would you like to see? We are working on building our FAQ section so any questions you need answered would likely help others if we can add to our topics.

03/26/2020 10:55 AM

I’d like tips on how to fix your mouse sensitivity. I still haven’t managed to understand it yet and my movements are choppy, slow or fast , laggy. Possibly changing keys so it won’t effect others I don’t know if it makes sense. My controller turns faster then the mouse so I need help fixing that. So far I I’m using the KEYMANDER 1/10 of the time since it’s difficult to fix the setting while my friends wanna play

03/28/2020 6:17 AM

I posted a thread asking for curves since I think they’d help with turning faster (there’s even an FAQ suggesting this) but in the advanced settings you can turn on turn speed, and I maxed mine out for Overwatch—it’s a mouse acceleration feature. There’s another thread where dhamilton states they are adding more features, one of them being fine-tuning turn speed, so I expect these issues will be fizzled out.

Also I tried this out on COD:MW last night and it works great. I can share my ingame and K2 app settings later when I’m home. You can definitely tell that OW is limited in its turn speed when using mouse—but that’s with Expo, but I may work on exploring linear ramp in OW since linear works great in COD.

03/28/2020 6:44 AM

Reply to:

I posted a thread asking for curves since I think they’d help with turning faster (there’s even an FAQ suggesting this) but in the advanced settings you can turn on turn speed, and I maxed mine out for Overwatch—it’s a mouse acceleration feature. There’s another thread where dhamilton states they are adding more features, one of them being fine-tuning turn speed, so I expect these issues will be fizzled out.

Also I tried this out on COD:MW last night and it works great. I can share my ingame and K2 app settings later when I’m home. You can definitely tell that OW is limited in its turn speed when using mouse—but that’s with Expo, but I may work on exploring linear ramp in OW since linear works great in COD.

I’d appreciate the the ingame and k2 app settting

03/28/2020 5:08 PM

Reply to:

I’d like tips on how to fix your mouse sensitivity. I still haven’t managed to understand it yet and my movements are choppy, slow or fast , laggy. Possibly changing keys so it won’t effect others I don’t know if it makes sense. My controller turns faster then the mouse so I need help fixing that. So far I I’m using the KEYMANDER 1/10 of the time since it’s difficult to fix the setting while my friends wanna play

This post here will help explain how the mouse works inside the console environment so you can get a better idea how to configure your settings. Games like Call of Duy and Battlefield are pretty easy to tune to your style of play since the developers made them very PC-like in their aim/look engines.  If you are having poor mouse performance I'm guessing you are playing a game with a poor aim/look mechanic and/or slow turn speed limit such as Rainbow Six Siege, Destiny or Overwatch. It is very important in these types of games to work within the limits the developers set into the game, particularly the maximum turn speed, so that the movement is still smooth and accurate even if it's not as fast as other games like CoD.

BTW, Overwatch is actually the hardest to tune because there are so many characters and the turn speed is modified for each class so tanks turn slower than offensive characters, etc. It is very important to make sure you are using the in-game settings listed on the profile's download page in Game Center, and in the case of Overwatch there are two sub-profile settings to test depending on which aiming convention you set up in the game menus. You need to try both to see which works best for your character class and your play style.

03/30/2020 11:55 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,