x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

My Overwatch Profile Settings

I previously posted my COD:MW settings that gained a bit of attention so I thought I’d share my Overwatch settings, again with the intention of providing a starting point for newcomers or to provide different options for those with experience. Unlike my previous thread, however, I will make this one short and sweet by listing out my settings and then I will explain how I feel it is best to utilize them in-game.

Considering the vast number of ever-expanding characters that also have different shooting abilities (hitscan, projectile), I suggest trying these settings out on a new account or one that you’re okay with resetting the control settings to default.

I am using a Corsair Harpoon RGB Wired Gaming Mouse set to 6,000 DPI. Ensure that you set your App DPI to the exact same as your Mouse DPI.

IN-GAME SETTINGS

I have experimented with both Exponential Ramp and Linear Ramp, so I will provide settings for both aim techniques and I will explain my settings at the bottom of this post.

LINEAR RAMP SETTINGS:

• Horizontal: 100
  • Vertical: 100
  • Aim Assist (AA) Strength: 100
  • AA Window Size: 30
  • Legacy mode: off
  • AA Ease In: 60
  • Smoothing: 0
  • Aim Ease In: 50
  • Aim Technique: Linear Ramp

EXPONENTIAL RAMP SETTINGS:

• Horizontal: 100
  • Vertical: 100
  • Aim Assist (AA) Strength: 100
  • AA Window Size: 30
  • Legacy mode: off
  • AA Ease In: 60
  • Smoothing: 0
  • Aim Ease In: 0
  • Aim Technique: Exponential Ramp

KEYMANDER 2 — APP SETTINGS

It is most economical and efficient to utilize just one KM2 setting across all heroes, so don’t set a projectile setting, hitscan setting, flick setting, etc. as it would just be easier to customize those characters individually using the in-game settings, not the KM2 app settings.

• X Axis Sensitivity: 105
  • Y Axis Sens.: 105
  • Turn Speed
  • Mouse Traction Control: 7
  • Curve: Unchanged/Default
  • Deadzone: All levels set to 0
  • ADS is set to “Same As General”

Mappings are all personal preference, so do whatever fits your needs. I kept most map settings to default but I also used the app’s ability to bind “optional” keybindings, just like my COD:MW settings. Custom keybindings are super easy to set should you need to change things.

Info...

So the main difference between Linear and Exponential that I’ve noticed is that Linear is definitely more sensitive with micro movements than Exponential, and I feel Linear is the closest to a 1:1 PC feel.

The reason I set Aim Ease In to 50 for linear is because at a setting of 0, it definitely felt too sensitive with the micro movements, so increasing it to 50 definitely helped while still being super accurate. Linear Ramp setting is great for all heroes, including the 2 main categories of hitscan and projectile heroes, but I have also made Expo work, you just have to use more physical movement when aiming, especially with projectile heroes.

If you’d still like to turn quickly but you do not want the higher micro-movement sensitivity that Linear Ramp provides, then exponential is probably going to suit your needs. I definitely recommend trying both out before you decide. I extensively tried both but ended up deciding on Linear.

Aim assist settings are all personal preference but I feel mine provide you with a large enough Window where you can maintain your control and tracking with all heroes and the AA Ease In means it will only be strong when you are more closely aimed on the character than say a setting of 50. If you don’t know what AA Ease In does, then set it to 0 and you will notice that the entire time you’re within the window of 30 (I’m assuming that number is in a percentage of your screen? Or degrees? Not sure...) your aiming will be extremely slow compared to 60. The setting of 50 is the general, default setting but it still felt like my aim got ”stuck” too much, whereas 60 just felt exactly where I wanted it. Aim Assist settings will require the most work if you want to find the ”exact” settings that fits your play style, and it can either advantage you or disadvantage you based on these settings.

For the Keymander 2 (KM2) App itself, the sensitivity is to my liking, but if you feel it is too fast for you, DO NOT lower the game sensitivity, instead lower the app sensitivity so you can still have a fast turn speed. Speaking of turn speed, I have that set to 50 in the app for the most acceleration. I have Mouse Traction Control set to 7 so that the KM2 does not interfere with my vertical aiming. Overwatch has characters ranging in different heights and some of them can jump all around you, so you need to be able to control all axis of your aiming. For comparison, a setting of 1 would provide the maximum amount of vertical aim correctly.

I think that about covers everything. Again, if you’d like to discuss more or if you’re having issues feel free to comment below. Thanks for reading!

04/04/2020 7:20 PM

I will try out these settings in a moment however I’m wondering if you play competitive currently with these settings and if so what rank are you?

04/19/2020 7:16 AM

Reply to:

I will try out these settings in a moment however I’m wondering if you play competitive currently with these settings and if so what rank are you?

Sorry for the late reply, but I have not taken this competitively for now. Have you given these settings a shot?

05/01/2020 2:24 PM

Reply to:

Sorry for the late reply, but I have not taken this competitively for now. Have you given these settings a shot?

It didn’t fit my play style until I tweaked it for a while and then yeah, right now I’m trying to get low diamond for DPS and healer but for tank I’m fine since I was already a diamond.

05/10/2020 6:06 PM

Reply to:

It didn’t fit my play style until I tweaked it for a while and then yeah, right now I’m trying to get low diamond for DPS and healer but for tank I’m fine since I was already a diamond.

Since I resolved my crashing issue I had before (had to use a different keyboard), I played comp again. I was previously around 3260 or something in DPS and Support, but that was a few seasons ago since I last played comp. I placed about 3150 in DPS which isn’t bad considering it’s been a while I’ve done a competitive match.

what settings do you use?

05/10/2020 7:52 PM

Reply to:

Since I resolved my crashing issue I had before (had to use a different keyboard), I played comp again. I was previously around 3260 or something in DPS and Support, but that was a few seasons ago since I last played comp. I placed about 3150 in DPS which isn’t bad considering it’s been a while I’ve done a competitive match.

what settings do you use?

Can I get a direct code for these settings if it’s okay? I’m trying to see if maybe I’m imputing them incorrectly. My turn speed is nonexistent. It’s like I can turn left.. kind of?

10/13/2020 2:04 PM

857005 is the code.

10/15/2020 3:39 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,