x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Xbox One Issue, K&M no longer working after working fine for a month

Hello!

Here's my current setup:

• Xbox One (OG Model, 500GB)
  • Standard Wireless Xbox One Controller (Battery Removed, USB to KM2)
  • Razer Tartarus V2 One-Handed Keyboard
  • Zelotes T-20 Wired Gaming Mouse

For the past month or so things have been working fine. The KM2 is set up properly, I have the latest firmware updated, app is updated, controller firmware is good, and the xbox one is at the most recent update. I usually have to plug the usb from the KM2 into the back of the xbox, unplug, and plug back in several times to get it working. It usually works after several tries. Today's been different though.

The xbox controller, keyboard, and mouse are all lit up, but the KM2 is not registering any k/m inputs. I have the K2 app connected, Xbox profile uploaded, but nothing is happening. Did a power reset on my xbox and reset on the KM2. Followed some previous instructions I received at the begging of March which were:

Ok, when you go back a forth between systems there's a little different procedure to do. First, when you unplug from one console, plug into the other console without the controller, keyboard or mouse connected. Next, open the K2 app and reconnect with the KeyMander 2 unit, then load a profile for the new console. Connect the controller and wait for it to turn on(*). If going to the Xbox One platform from the PS4, and you used the Xbox One controller in Bluetooth mode prior, you may have to do this procedure to switch it back to USB mode. Then connect your external power (if needed), then mouse and keyboard.

But when I plug the controller in (step *), the KM2 device starts flashing red. I'd have to disconnect it in the K2 App to stop the flashing. Also, I now have to hold the power button down on the controller to have it start up. The K&M are already lit up when I power up the controller. The controller then syncs but the K&M still don't register on the Xbox at all. The controller is plugged into the K2 device when this is happening.

Any recommendations here? I've been trying for about an hour now

05/05/2020 5:08 PM

Flashing red normally indicates a power problem. Do you have an external power supply connected to the K2's power port?

05/05/2020 5:41 PM

Reply to:

Flashing red normally indicates a power problem. Do you have an external power supply connected to the K2's power port?

sure do!

05/05/2020 5:49 PM

Reply to:

sure do!

Let's check a couple things:

What version is the K2 App revision?

What version is the firmware?

What is the rating on the external power supply?

05/05/2020 5:51 PM

Reply to:

Let's check a couple things:

What version is the K2 App revision?

What version is the firmware?

What is the rating on the external power supply?

App Version: 1.0.077

Firmware Version: 1.1.106.004

Not sure what the rating is. I have a usb cable going from my Macbook to the KM2 device.

I haven't been using an external power supply for the last month when everything's been working fine so it's odd that I would need it now.

05/06/2020 4:43 AM

Reply to:

Not sure what the rating is. I have a usb cable going from my Macbook to the KM2 device.

I haven't been using an external power supply for the last month when everything's been working fine so it's odd that I would need it now.

All USB outputs are not created equal, as some act as an internal hub for multiple USB functions. For example, on my PC, the front USB ports do not provide enough power to charge my tablet (tablet indicates this on the screen), but the back USB ports provide the needed power to properly charge my tablet.

I would suggest trying other USB ports on your MacBook, however if you have a phone charger or tablet charger, that would work better.

05/06/2020 12:58 PM

Reply to:

All USB outputs are not created equal, as some act as an internal hub for multiple USB functions. For example, on my PC, the front USB ports do not provide enough power to charge my tablet (tablet indicates this on the screen), but the back USB ports provide the needed power to properly charge my tablet.

I would suggest trying other USB ports on your MacBook, however if you have a phone charger or tablet charger, that would work better.

Hi xSrsly!

Thanks for the feedback. I understand. I figured the amount of power wouldn't have made a difference since I wasn't relying on any external power before.

Since this morning, I completely unplugged the KM2 and all of the inputs. Left everything off.

Saw your message, decided to just give it a shot with with my best USB cable and a fast charge usb plug (3.0). I turned on my xbox, connected the controller first, which powered on immediately, and plugged the K&M in.

I unplugged the external power and it's all working now! Maybe the external power gave it a boost to stay on, maybe I should keep the power plugged in at all times.. not sure. But I *powered* through it.

Thanks!

05/06/2020 2:06 PM

Reply to:

Can you switch from the Macbook as a power source to a USB charger like an iPad or iPhone charger? The Macbook USB 3.0 ports are about 900mA if memory servers, which is not enough in many cases.

05/06/2020 6:07 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,