x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

PS5 Compatibility requirements (2022 update)

3/1/2022 Update: We are updating this post to confirm that we are officially supporting the hardware device known as Beloader to enable KeyMander 2 compatibility with PS5. We are not affiliated with Beloader, however we believe it is a cost-effective and easy solution to play your PS5 games and K2 is fully compatible with it. The Beloader device is available on Amazon for around $60 (link here) and allows full compatibility with PS5 games on PS5 using a PS5 controller connected to the K2, with the Beloader plugged in between the K2 and PS5 console. Using Beloader with K2 does require connecting a 2A minimum power supply (iPad charger or similar) to the K2's power port, and the Beloader device does require a Wi-Fi connection with pairing through Wi-Fi to your PS5.

10/6/2021 Update: Sony is starting to require the PS5 Dual Sense controller on several games which locks out the ability to use 3rd party controllers. PS4 versions of these games (not all have a PS4 versions) are still compatible with K2. At this time the following games are confirmed as not compatible with KeyMander 2 due to this issue.

Back 4 Blood

Battlefield 2042 beta

Call Of Duty: Vanguard

Deathloop

Diablo II: Resurrected

Doom Eternal

FarCry 6

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Fortnite

Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut

Rainbow Six Siege

Warframe

Wreckfest

4/28/2021 Update: The PS5 compatibility is still limited at this time to licensed 3rd party controllers, with the list of confirmed compatible controllers below. This list is not exclusive as other controllers may work but are not yet confirmed. If anyone has additional controllers that they've tested and confirmed working, please let us know.

NOTE: The PS5 DualSense controller is not currently able to authenticate through the K2, so every 8 minutes the PS5 will disconnect the K2 for the failed authentication. This is the reason the 3rd party licensed controller is needed, as you will connect it to the K2 controller port instead of using the PS5 DualSense controller. We are continuing to work on this issue, but we cannot comment on when the DualSense controller will be supported.

The PS5 update for 3rd party controllers was released as part of firmware V1.2.115 . This update does NOT work with the Sony DualSense controller, however it does allow full function with audio on PS5 games using the following 3rd party controllers:

Qanba Dragon Joystick (PS4)

Razer Panthera EVO (PS4)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.N Hayabusa (PS4/PS3/PC)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.4 KAI (PS4)

HORI Mini 

Razer Raiju

The 3rd party controller plugs into the controller port on the K2 and your mouse and keyboard connect normally. The PS5 controller is not needed in this configuration.

11/17/2020 10:59 AM

Good to hear from you again dhamilton and happy holidays! do you know when full cross controller support will arrive? Interested in xbox elite v.2 with PS5.

Thank you!

11/30/2020 2:46 PM

Reply to:

Good to hear from you again dhamilton and happy holidays! do you know when full cross controller support will arrive? Interested in xbox elite v.2 with PS5.

Thank you!

We've got some work still to do to get the PS5 controller working first, but I expect it won't take long after we get that going. I spoke with engineering today and they are still working on the PS5 controller so I expect it will take a few weeks based on our previous experience with getting the PS4 compatibility when that console launched.

12/01/2020 5:26 PM

Reply to:

We've got some work still to do to get the PS5 controller working first, but I expect it won't take long after we get that going. I spoke with engineering today and they are still working on the PS5 controller so I expect it will take a few weeks based on our previous experience with getting the PS4 compatibility when that console launched.

I really appreciate all the hard work of the team, you have no idea how helpful this will be - I'm experiencing a lot of pain with the dreadful PS5 controller playing Demon's Souls, and hope to be able to use the xbox elite v2.

Wishing you a most happy holiday!

12/11/2020 7:23 PM

Any update on how much longer support is going to take?

01/02/2021 5:19 AM

Reply to:

Any update on how much longer support is going to take?

We have a beta build we are testing, but it has some bugs we are working to fix. I hope to have more information this coming week.

01/02/2021 4:30 PM

Reply to:

We have a beta build we are testing, but it has some bugs we are working to fix. I hope to have more information this coming week.

Happy New Year! That's great news, excited to be using the Keymander with xbox elite v2 with PS5!

01/10/2021 4:55 PM

Reply to:

Any new news on compatibility? Thanks

01/25/2021 9:58 AM

Reply to:

Any new news on compatibility? Thanks

We will be releasing a beta build next week for those who want to try it, but it requires a 3rd party controller at this time. We have been able to get the PS5 to work with PS5 games using K2, but only with 3rd party controllers, not the PS5 controller yet. I will post the compatible controllers and the details when we release the firmware.

01/27/2021 3:45 PM

Reply to:

We will be releasing a beta build next week for those who want to try it, but it requires a 3rd party controller at this time. We have been able to get the PS5 to work with PS5 games using K2, but only with 3rd party controllers, not the PS5 controller yet. I will post the compatible controllers and the details when we release the firmware.

The PS5 update for 3rd party controllers is being released as part of firmware V1.2.115 today. This update does NOT work with the Sony DualSense controller yet, however it does allow full function with audio on PS5 games using the following 3rd party controllers:

Qanba Dragon Joystick (PS4)

Razer Panthera EVO (PS4)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.N Hayabusa (PS4/PS3/PC)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.4 KAI (PS4)

HORI Mini 

Razer Raiju

The 3rd party controller plugs into the controller port on the K2 and your mouse and keyboard connect normally. The PS5 controller is not needed in this configuration.

02/04/2021 10:53 AM

I dont see any usb settings, I see disconnect Bluetooth controller

02/20/2021 10:18 AM

found it, and my keyboard and mouse were too fancy... seems to be working OK for now. more to explore..

02/20/2021 6:24 PM

Reply to:

found it, and my keyboard and mouse were too fancy... seems to be working OK for now. more to explore..

Hi Lutus

is there have any idea why keyboard and mouse too fancy then have problem?

02/25/2021 5:12 PM

idk I've been having disconnect issues now, I've been busy with work and haven't used this in over a week. dualahock 4 is charged, reinstalled keymander... nothing works anymore. keeps syncing and or disconnect. edit, strike pack doesn't work, also I cannot seem do click overlays in the app such as pressing delete when deleting macros

03/07/2021 4:42 AM

Reply to:

idk I've been having disconnect issues now, I've been busy with work and haven't used this in over a week. dualahock 4 is charged, reinstalled keymander... nothing works anymore. keeps syncing and or disconnect. edit, strike pack doesn't work, also I cannot seem do click overlays in the app such as pressing delete when deleting macros

Please let us know what mouse, keyboard you are using.

What is "strike pack" that you mentioned isn't working?

03/08/2021 10:24 AM

Hi,

Can you try to get this working with the Hori Fighting Commander to play ps5 games pls? Thanks!

03/11/2021 3:40 PM

Reply to:

Hi,

Can you try to get this working with the Hori Fighting Commander to play ps5 games pls? Thanks!

Do you already have the Hori Fighting Commander?

03/12/2021 2:51 PM

Reply to:

Do you already have the Hori Fighting Commander?

Yes, I do have

03/13/2021 7:37 AM

Reply to:

Yes, I do have

Did you already confirm it does not work with K2 on PS5?

We have not tested the Fighting Commander but we have tested these Hori models and they all work, so if you haven't yet tested the Fighting Commander it's possible it may work.

• HORI Real Arcade Pro.N Hayabusa (PS4/PS3/PC)
  • HORI Real Arcade Pro.4 KAI (PS4)
  • HORI Mini (PS4)

03/15/2021 3:27 PM

do you guys have a estimated date for the ps5 compatibility yet I’m sorry if I’m being pushy idk how this stuff works :/ but I’m enjoying the product props for making it really good though!!

04/01/2021 12:37 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,