x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Using 2 Keymander 2’s at the same time with the same PS3

Is it possible to use two Keymander 2’s at the same time with the same PS3. I can’t seem to get it working. I’m trying to play two-player Marble Madness from the Midway Arcade Origins Disk. I have two Keymander 2’s and both work with Marble Madness on the PS3 separately. But, if I plug both Keymanders into the PS3 at the same time neither works, and the PS3 will no longer respond to any controller input from any device. After removing one or both Keymanders, the PS3 still won’t respond to any controller input from any device until it is power cycled. Are the two Keymanders using the same ID or something? Is there any way to get this working? Thanks for the help.

01/19/2021 3:02 PM

We will have to check this as we don't do much work with the PS3 these days other than maintaining compatibility.

01/20/2021 12:52 PM

Just a little update. Using two Keymander 2’s at the same with the same PS4 does work.

I am still unable to get two Keymander 2’s working at the same time on a PS3.

02/17/2021 10:31 AM

Reply to:

Just a little update. Using two Keymander 2’s at the same with the same PS4 does work.

I am still unable to get two Keymander 2’s working at the same time on a PS3.

Hi SDFrank,

Our engineering team could not support this request as their office has only a single PS3 now and they are no longer developing for that platform. The PS4 uses a different authentication algorithm which K2 works with in a different way, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

02/17/2021 11:44 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,