x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Not connecting properly

Ive owned the keymander 2 for over 6 months and have used it fine before but quite recently ive had issues where i would plug everything in and the light on my mouse would stay on and then flash off for about 5 seconds at a time, then my keyboard would show any signs of connection at all unless my mouse was disconnected. The playstation also seems to see the keymander 2 as an external keyboard which could be an issue with the latest firmware.

01/20/2021 1:59 PM

There's a couple of things to check. First, make sure your PS4 controller is fully charged before connecting to the K2 or it can draw too much current when combined with mouse and keyboard.

Next, press F8 and see if your keyboard works as a keyboard or as a controller. F8 switches between gaming function and keyboard function for easier text/password entry.

01/20/2021 2:01 PM

Reply to:

There's a couple of things to check. First, make sure your PS4 controller is fully charged before connecting to the K2 or it can draw too much current when combined with mouse and keyboard.

Next, press F8 and see if your keyboard works as a keyboard or as a controller. F8 switches between gaming function and keyboard function for easier text/password entry.

I’ve got my controller connected through the keymander as bluetooth now and the keyboard is working, but when i plug my mouse in the controller switches off and the backlight on key keyboard turns off and then the keyboard doesn’t work.

01/21/2021 4:08 PM

I mean the controller is working through usb, the controller and keyboard work when plugged in but when the mouse is plugged in at the same time as the other two only the mouse works and it turns the controller off.

01/21/2021 4:09 PM

I tested out another mouse which is bluetooth and that seems to work fine it must just be the mouse i’m using for some reason. I used to be able to use the old mouse fine but not it isn’t working is that due to a latest patch? or is there a setup step for the mouse?

01/21/2021 4:47 PM

Reply to:

I tested out another mouse which is bluetooth and that seems to work fine it must just be the mouse i’m using for some reason. I used to be able to use the old mouse fine but not it isn’t working is that due to a latest patch? or is there a setup step for the mouse?

What mouse are you using? It likely isn't the mouse, but rather the combination of the keyboard, mouse and controller draining too much current. Please try adding an external power supply (2A minimum) to the K2 Power port and see if the problem is still there.

01/22/2021 11:28 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,