x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Randomly stopped working

I was playing with my mnk and it stopped working randomly and won't work with any of my mnk now

02/03/2021 11:22 PM

Did you accidentally press F8 to enter Direct Keyboard/Mouse Input mode? If so, press F8 again and wait 5 seconds for emulation to begin.

02/04/2021 3:39 PM

I didnt but I just hard reset it witch I thought I did prior to the form post but it wasn't the correct hard reset and it seems to be good right now.

02/04/2021 7:16 PM

Reply to:

I didnt but I just hard reset it witch I thought I did prior to the form post but it wasn't the correct hard reset and it seems to be good right now.

Ok, I'm thinking it was most likely caused by our KM Direct Mode (F8) which is a new feature and doesn't have a LED confirmation indication yet. We will be adding some type of indicator in the next update to help make this easier to see when accidentally entering that mode. You can also look in your K2 App on the Device tab and check Playing Type. It should say KM Emulation if you want to play games, and when you want to enter text with the keyboard you would switch to KM Direct.

02/05/2021 10:19 AM

hello,

I received the keymander 2 yesterday, I am using it with my xbox one s. i plugged in my mouse and keyboard and it worked fine. Today I connected another mouse and it also worked, now I went back to the first mouse and it no longer works, as soon as I connect it, the keyboard turns off and the xbox control makes a short intermittent vibration. if I connect another mouse it works without problem. any solution? everything was working perfect. today the keymander was updated (ps5 support).

02/05/2021 3:33 PM

Reply to:

hello,

I received the keymander 2 yesterday, I am using it with my xbox one s. i plugged in my mouse and keyboard and it worked fine. Today I connected another mouse and it also worked, now I went back to the first mouse and it no longer works, as soon as I connect it, the keyboard turns off and the xbox control makes a short intermittent vibration. if I connect another mouse it works without problem. any solution? everything was working perfect. today the keymander was updated (ps5 support).

It is likely a powerup sequence issue, but the real cause is most likely a current draw that is very close to the maximum or exceeding the maximum amperage that K2 can supply. We need to know your keyboard and mouse models so we can look into it, but here's a couple things to try.

1. Turn off the console completely and unplug the keyboard and mouse.
  2. Make sure to put batteries into the controller and not rely on the K2 to power the controller.
  3. Follow the power up procedure in the video or User Manual and don't connect the keyboard. Does the mouse handshake correctly and then stay powered on? If so, connect the keyboard. If everything works, let us know.

If that doesn't solve the issue, start over with step 1, then connecdt a 2A USB power supply like an iPad charger directly to the K2 Power port, then move to step 3.

02/08/2021 12:10 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,