x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Need help with a configuration for non fps game

Hi, I need some advice for a game that's not a first person shooter. The game is Fuser, it's a dj game and require more of a desktop type configuration, where I need to move a pointer around like on a windows desktop. I read the material and everything is for setting fps games. I have figured out the most of it, but main issue is the mouse and controlling the pointer. I need to move when I move the mouse and stop on various icon on screen, not something stop. Most times just keep moving paas, then the ping pong effect as I try to zero the pointer where I need it. And sometimes it just stops moving, like the v key got push which toggles the look. I do have the sticks switched. I would to get this solved, I have thread open on reddit with other fuser user interested to see if I can make this work right

07/20/2021 6:36 PM

Okay, again, I figured it our, at least the main problem. I was trying different things to get the pointer to stop moving . So I tried something I had tried before, before I read the faqs about understanding how the mouse works with k2. It was long, and I couldn't what I got out it to try, but did remember it saying that sometimes a lower dpi setting was better. I did lower dpi, tried decreasing it to the point of 200 dpi, no change. So I went thorough testing all the curves, nothing. Not much left to do, didnt see how it be the dead zone. The only other setting which I tried before was mouse tracking precision, default level 4. When I tried this before after the note saying the higher level the more precise. I had tried level 5 and 6, but made it stop working. So this time, less sometimes is better, I put it on level 2, problem went away. This doesnt mean I dont want advice. Please, if you know how this is suppose to be please advise. Any having trouble with it disconnecting the controller. It's the usb cable. The slight bump makes it lose connection. I been unplugging it and plugging back in and you have give it a minute or two, then press your x on kb or mouse. This going to be a problem for me, because it's my headset that moving the controller.

07/20/2021 7:41 PM

Reply to:

Okay, again, I figured it our, at least the main problem. I was trying different things to get the pointer to stop moving . So I tried something I had tried before, before I read the faqs about understanding how the mouse works with k2. It was long, and I couldn't what I got out it to try, but did remember it saying that sometimes a lower dpi setting was better. I did lower dpi, tried decreasing it to the point of 200 dpi, no change. So I went thorough testing all the curves, nothing. Not much left to do, didnt see how it be the dead zone. The only other setting which I tried before was mouse tracking precision, default level 4. When I tried this before after the note saying the higher level the more precise. I had tried level 5 and 6, but made it stop working. So this time, less sometimes is better, I put it on level 2, problem went away. This doesnt mean I dont want advice. Please, if you know how this is suppose to be please advise. Any having trouble with it disconnecting the controller. It's the usb cable. The slight bump makes it lose connection. I been unplugging it and plugging back in and you have give it a minute or two, then press your x on kb or mouse. This going to be a problem for me, because it's my headset that moving the controller.

It may be difficult for us to help with specific functions as we do not have this game. After watching a little of it on YouTube I think I would recommend swapping the sticks in the console configuration menu rather than on the K2 profile. You will need to adjust the deadzone settings to make the movement smoother, and set the mouse traction control to level 7. Mouse DPI probably won't make much difference in this game as long as it is set the same as the K2 profile setting.

07/21/2021 11:46 AM

Hi DocDoobie

Probably you could watch this video to understand what is deadzone setting and make your owned profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Q0qPwP82k&t=3s

07/21/2021 6:34 PM

Reply to:

It may be difficult for us to help with specific functions as we do not have this game. After watching a little of it on YouTube I think I would recommend swapping the sticks in the console configuration menu rather than on the K2 profile. You will need to adjust the deadzone settings to make the movement smoother, and set the mouse traction control to level 7. Mouse DPI probably won't make much difference in this game as long as it is set the same as the K2 profile setting.

It was actually the problem and it was a lower setting of level 2 that fixed it for me. But you may be right on the matching. The mouse I am using is programmed with 3 different dpi settings. Thanks for you response.

07/31/2021 10:56 AM

Knowledge is power. I will. But I am good now. My main complaint isnt deadzones or anything like that, I didnt get keymander2 for fps games. My problem is with the usb cable that is insisted that I use and I get why, but the quality of it is way below par. You have a good product, and I know sony is charging double what you folks are, but low quality crap is sadly expected from them now. And this cable was one of the roots of my problems at first. Because all it takes is a slight movement for the controller to disconnect and seeing that my headset is connected to the controller, this was happening very often. My fix,lol, I wired, talking bailing wire here people, to the bottom of the tv tray, if that's what it's called, little folding table I use for a desk for kbm, to underneath it so the controller doesnt get move and is closer to me. Whatever works, Its better than the my kbm cutting out when I am doing a live mix in fuser. I do have people asking if your product works, apparently I am the first to do this with fuser, and I am endorsing it, but I do have to tell about the cable issue. Be better than sony, please.

07/31/2021 11:21 AM

Reply to:

Knowledge is power. I will. But I am good now. My main complaint isnt deadzones or anything like that, I didnt get keymander2 for fps games. My problem is with the usb cable that is insisted that I use and I get why, but the quality of it is way below par. You have a good product, and I know sony is charging double what you folks are, but low quality crap is sadly expected from them now. And this cable was one of the roots of my problems at first. Because all it takes is a slight movement for the controller to disconnect and seeing that my headset is connected to the controller, this was happening very often. My fix,lol, I wired, talking bailing wire here people, to the bottom of the tv tray, if that's what it's called, little folding table I use for a desk for kbm, to underneath it so the controller doesnt get move and is closer to me. Whatever works, Its better than the my kbm cutting out when I am doing a live mix in fuser. I do have people asking if your product works, apparently I am the first to do this with fuser, and I am endorsing it, but I do have to tell about the cable issue. Be better than sony, please.

Hi Doc,

Sorry to hear about the problem with your cable, but I'm glad you got it working. I'm guessing the connector port on the controller may now be worn to the point of being out of spec, which could very well cause the problems you're experiencing. I had a controller I had to take apart and replace the connector because my kids kept dropping it with the cable connected and it started acting exactly like yours.

I was going to ask if you tried using another controller, however I'm sure if you had one you probably already would have tried it. If you can borrow a controller from a friend, pair it to your console, and then connect it with the cable we provide, I'd bet your issue will be gone. That's not to say that a cable can't be bad, but we do perform 100% inspection on them because poor quality USB cables were the number one cause of failure before we started included our own cable in the box.

08/02/2021 2:22 PM

I have multiple controllers and trust me I know the ps4 controller is crap, it is why I am using the keymander2, my last controller got the major drifts, within a month, took it apart, did the basic clean and it worked for a bit, but problem came back even worse. The connection problem I am aware of it too, it's a design problem, if you set the controller down while plugged in it pushs up on the on the connector causing it to bend and go bad. So for arguement sake, it is possible that happen during km2 setup, I was concentrating on the km2 setup and did have to set the controller down, way I have it rigged now it dont touch any service and hasn't been problem now. I mostly broght it up cause I remember see another post and described the same problem. I have another thread, I almost forgot about , that's the one I am looking answers on. Oh i do have a question maybe you know the answer. Would km2 work with other usb devices if they function like a keyboard or controller? Example would be a usb music keyboard, might be bad example, because might be midi commands still, I am not sure.

08/14/2021 6:00 AM

Reply to:

I have multiple controllers and trust me I know the ps4 controller is crap, it is why I am using the keymander2, my last controller got the major drifts, within a month, took it apart, did the basic clean and it worked for a bit, but problem came back even worse. The connection problem I am aware of it too, it's a design problem, if you set the controller down while plugged in it pushs up on the on the connector causing it to bend and go bad. So for arguement sake, it is possible that happen during km2 setup, I was concentrating on the km2 setup and did have to set the controller down, way I have it rigged now it dont touch any service and hasn't been problem now. I mostly broght it up cause I remember see another post and described the same problem. I have another thread, I almost forgot about , that's the one I am looking answers on. Oh i do have a question maybe you know the answer. Would km2 work with other usb devices if they function like a keyboard or controller? Example would be a usb music keyboard, might be bad example, because might be midi commands still, I am not sure.

The K2 functions based on keyboard emulation that basically centers around a standard 104-key ASCII keyboard protocol. Anything that isn't a normal keyboard may require some unique or non-standard protocols (PC drivers), so it is unlikely to work but you can always plug it in and try.

Although we continually improve our keyboard compatibility, it is because we are also one of the largest KVM manufacturers in the world so we are able to make sure of that library of standard keyboards. In the the case of specialty keyboards and such we usually don't have enough demand to warrant the special development required to make them compatible, unless they are super popular for specific gaming purposes.

08/16/2021 4:56 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,