x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Windows 10 Xbox App Mic Issues

When I'm in an Xbox party on the Windows 10 app, I'm having difficulties getting my microphone to work and being heard. I can easily join the party and hear all of my friends, but they are unable to hear me. It also doesn't seem to notice that it's picking up any sound from my microphone.

I have a condenser microphone connected to a USB audio interface. For speakers and recording devices, all of my control panel sound settings are set at 48000 hz. My microphone is working, according to the control panel sound menu, and I can hear it when I try it. I have no problems connecting to the Xbox network because I have an Open NAT type, server connectivity is connected, and I have an Open NAT type, 0% packet loss, 30 ms Latency.

Any help would be appreciated!

10/12/2021 5:53 AM

I haven't tested this with the Win10 app but please give it a try.

If your Xbox One game audio is working but you lose game chat audio, here's a workaround you can use for now: 

Step 1, remove your controller batteries and keep them out of the controller.

Step 2, open the Xbox Menu and turn off the controller but do not turn off the console.

Step 3, after the controller turns off, unplug the controller from the K2 and then reconnect it and wait for the controller to turn back on by itself. The mic will begin working normally.

This problem is caused by a Bluetooth communication bug with the controller which we are currently trying to solve with a firmware fix, but until then if the mic stops working just repeat from Step 2.

10/21/2021 2:59 PM

If you are experiencing microphone issues with the Xbox app on Windows 10, there are a few steps you can try to fix the problem:

1. Make sure your microphone is properly connected to your computer and is turned on. If you are using a wireless microphone, make sure it is charged and within range of your computer.
  2. Check your computer's audio settings. Make sure the correct microphone is selected in the audio input settings, and that the volume is not set too low.
  3. Check the Xbox app's audio settings. In the Xbox app, go to the "Settings" menu and select "Audio & Video." Make sure the correct microphone is selected and that the volume is not set too low.
  4. Restart your computer and try again. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve microphone issues.
  5. Check for any software updates. Make sure you have the latest version of the Xbox app and any other relevant software, such as drivers for your microphone.
  6. Check for any compatibility issues. Make sure your microphone is compatible with your computer and the Xbox app.
  7. Seek additional assistance. If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need to seek additional assistance from Microsoft or a technical support team.

It's important to note that the specific steps for fixing microphone issues with the Xbox app will depend on the specific issue you are experiencing. You may need to consult the app's documentation or seek additional assistance to troubleshoot and fix the problem.

12/28/2022 9:46 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,