x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

CONTROLLER NOT STAYING ONNWHEN CONNECTING TO KEYMANDER 2

I have had this Keymander for about a year now and I hadn’t used it for about the last couple months or so and decided to break it out and use it. In doing so, I plugged everything together and connected the keymander to my Xbox and my controller continuously would just vibrate in random intervals and wouldn’t stay turned on. I tried plugging the auxiliary power into the keymander as well as it being plugged into the Xbox and still the controller wouldn’t stay turned on. When I do get the controller to stay on, my keyboard and or mouse is not responsive and if they finally start responding to my movements the controller then proceeds to power off and start vibrating in intervals as if it’s trying to turn on. Please help, I don’t want to have to buy a new keymander 2.

06/21/2023 5:33 PM

*Resolved.

Newest OTA Firmware (1.3.124) seems to have broken compatibility for this keyboard: ROYAL KLUDGE RK61 60%.

Fix: Rolled back the firmware to 1.3.122 (can be downloaded HERE)

06/22/2023 11:50 AM

Reply to:

*Resolved.

Newest OTA Firmware (1.3.124) seems to have broken compatibility for this keyboard: ROYAL KLUDGE RK61 60%.

Fix: Rolled back the firmware to 1.3.122 (can be downloaded HERE)

Hey J,

so I rolled back to the previous 2 firmwares and have come to the conclusion that all firmwares I have tried still power cycle the controller and keymander 2 after a certain time period of using it. I tried reinstalling the newest firmware being that maybe it was corrupted onto the keymander and it still did not fix the issue. Possibly I could have damaged the keyboard or a power surge that happened via my main power to my house could have fried the processing chip/motherboard in my RK61 royal kludge.

06/22/2023 12:10 PM

Reply to:

Hey J,

so I rolled back to the previous 2 firmwares and have come to the conclusion that all firmwares I have tried still power cycle the controller and keymander 2 after a certain time period of using it. I tried reinstalling the newest firmware being that maybe it was corrupted onto the keymander and it still did not fix the issue. Possibly I could have damaged the keyboard or a power surge that happened via my main power to my house could have fried the processing chip/motherboard in my RK61 royal kludge.

Understood. This could potentially be the case here since the other model keyboard was working OR maybe even the spill?

Rolling back would have definitely ruled out possible compatibility breaks that could have happened on these recent updates.

06/22/2023 1:50 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,