x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Game chat not working

Ive been trying to get game chat to work for awhile but whenever I plug in the adapter it stops working. Party chat works but game chat doesn’t.

06/29/2023 10:01 PM

Good morning,

I haven't heard of this being an issue as of yet. A good start would be to see if you have any controller updates on your console. If you do, please connect controller directly to the console (bypass the K2) while updating.

There is a known bandwidth issue with some headsets, but this would affect both party and game chat. However, the workaround for this issue may also be able to apply to this. If you have a second controller, simply use that one to connect your headset to while the other is connected to the K2.

06/30/2023 8:32 AM

Reply to:

Good morning,

I haven't heard of this being an issue as of yet. A good start would be to see if you have any controller updates on your console. If you do, please connect controller directly to the console (bypass the K2) while updating.

There is a known bandwidth issue with some headsets, but this would affect both party and game chat. However, the workaround for this issue may also be able to apply to this. If you have a second controller, simply use that one to connect your headset to while the other is connected to the K2.

I’ve tried both plugging it directly into the controller connected to the K2 and into a second controller but both only work in party chat. Game chat only works when I unplug the K2 and use a controller which I don’t do very often. I’ve updated both controllers too and nothing has changed. I checked the mic option in the app too and it said my mic was on. Game chat had only worked one time for me while using the adapter but I’m not sure why it worked because I didn’t do anything different. Hasn’t worked since that time though.

07/02/2023 5:18 PM

Reply to:

I’ve tried both plugging it directly into the controller connected to the K2 and into a second controller but both only work in party chat. Game chat only works when I unplug the K2 and use a controller which I don’t do very often. I’ve updated both controllers too and nothing has changed. I checked the mic option in the app too and it said my mic was on. Game chat had only worked one time for me while using the adapter but I’m not sure why it worked because I didn’t do anything different. Hasn’t worked since that time though.

Hello,

Can you check on your Xbox settings.

General > Volume & audio output > Additional options

Make sure "Mute speaker audio when headset is attached" is unchecked.

Also, go to Chat mixer and select Do nothing.

07/03/2023 10:32 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,