x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

KEYMANDER not working

When I plug the KEYMANDER into my Xbox the light is blue then goes to green and they shuts off and restarts that process can anybody help figure out what this is so I can fix it it would be appreciated.

02/05/2024 7:29 PM

Hello,

It sounds like you may have an incompatible keyboard or mouse.

Start with only having the mouse connected to the K2 (no controller or keyboard) and try mapping left and right click on the K2 app. If it registers the left/right click on the app, it is compatible.

Repeat this test with only keyboard connected (no controller or mouse). If it registers keystrokes, it is compatible.

Now, if you notice that both keyboard and mouse register when mapping, it can actually USB cable that is connecting the controller to the K2. Try different ones if you happen to have some around your house. The required USB cable is a "Charge and Sync" cable.

02/06/2024 9:01 AM

Reply to:

Hello,

It sounds like you may have an incompatible keyboard or mouse.

Start with only having the mouse connected to the K2 (no controller or keyboard) and try mapping left and right click on the K2 app. If it registers the left/right click on the app, it is compatible.

Repeat this test with only keyboard connected (no controller or mouse). If it registers keystrokes, it is compatible.

Now, if you notice that both keyboard and mouse register when mapping, it can actually USB cable that is connecting the controller to the K2. Try different ones if you happen to have some around your house. The required USB cable is a "Charge and Sync" cable.

Still doesn’t work I will have nothing plugged in to the KEYMANDER and the light will still have blue going left to right than it goes to green and the light turns off for 1 second and does that process

02/06/2024 2:41 PM

Reply to:

Still doesn’t work I will have nothing plugged in to the KEYMANDER and the light will still have blue going left to right than it goes to green and the light turns off for 1 second and does that process

Interesting... If it's doing a power cycle loop with nothing connected, it could be the firmware that may have been corrupted.

If you have a windows PC, you can try to manually re-install the firmware. It can be downloaded here: https://www.iogear.com/support/dm/download_driver/?drid=12821.

Instructions for installing the firmware can be found here (Page 103): https://support.iogear.com/support/dm/download_manual/?mnid=1599

If re-installing the firmware doesn't work and/or if it's still doing this loop while in firmware upgrade mode, it could be an actual hardware issue that is happening which would need replacing unfortunately.

02/06/2024 3:42 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,