x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Valorant Ban

Hello there fellow gamers!

First off let me say that I’ve been using Keymander since the first gen and I have to say that it has and does work exceptionally with no bans or any problems apart from a couple niggles here and there. This has changed with the release of Valorant on console, it seems to be a wide spread problem that mouse and keyboard adapters are being flagged in anti-cheat detection software.

I love Valorant but can’t get through 2 or 3 games before a ban comes in for a day or so. Is there clever coding that can be done on the firmware side that (for games like Valorant) can adjust the WASD to avoid detection and make the input seem more fluid and less direct to straight, left, right etc? Feel like since they have had such a raging success with the anti-cheat it could become the industry standard and Keymander should in my eyes be trying to get out ahead of it..

Jack

08/19/2024 2:21 AM

Hello Jack,

I'll pass this on to product management. However, if it's anything like Rainbow Six Siege's "Mouse Trap", it has proven to become issue that can't simply be fixed via firmware unfortunately.

I'll pin and update this as I get any further information.

08/19/2024 11:20 AM

Can you please provide us:

• K2 firmware version
  • Console
  • Controller model

08/19/2024 11:42 AM

Thank you for the reply! All the info is below, my thinking is tho isn’t it possible to add a randomised velocity to the input from WASD between a set % range to mimic the velocity of a stick input rather than going from 0 to 100% input?

Also adding a randomised stick position (forward, left and right) between an angle to again mimic the movement of a stick? I know mouse trap is a problem for R6 but XIM have sab to help disguise it. I know it’s probably been tested and you may be doing something like this in the code already however from what I read the left stick is usually the biggest give away it’s a MnK input.

K2 FW - 1.3.127.001

Xbox Series X and the original controller

08/20/2024 12:47 PM

Reply to:

Thank you for the reply! All the info is below, my thinking is tho isn’t it possible to add a randomised velocity to the input from WASD between a set % range to mimic the velocity of a stick input rather than going from 0 to 100% input?

Also adding a randomised stick position (forward, left and right) between an angle to again mimic the movement of a stick? I know mouse trap is a problem for R6 but XIM have sab to help disguise it. I know it’s probably been tested and you may be doing something like this in the code already however from what I read the left stick is usually the biggest give away it’s a MnK input.

K2 FW - 1.3.127.001

Hello Jack,

Thank you for the information. I will have this forwarded ASAP.

As for SAB, one of the last firmware for the K2 actually attempted to do this which worked for a short time on Siege for some, but it didn't last very long before the detection system sharpened and was able to detect it again.

Will update this thread as information is relayed to me!

While I can't guarantee a certain fix, I still believe it's worth passing up to engineering in case they have any other ideas.

08/23/2024 8:53 AM

Reply to:

K2 FW - 1.3.127.001

Hey, if you want to bypass Riots detection there is something unorthodox you could do. I have been using my controller in my left hand and my mouse in the right. It seems weird but it bypasses riots WSAD detection since I'm moving with the analog but I still get mouse aiming.

09/08/2024 9:31 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,