x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

PS5 Compatibility requirements (2022 update)

3/1/2022 Update: We are updating this post to confirm that we are officially supporting the hardware device known as Beloader to enable KeyMander 2 compatibility with PS5. We are not affiliated with Beloader, however we believe it is a cost-effective and easy solution to play your PS5 games and K2 is fully compatible with it. The Beloader device is available on Amazon for around $60 (link here) and allows full compatibility with PS5 games on PS5 using a PS5 controller connected to the K2, with the Beloader plugged in between the K2 and PS5 console. Using Beloader with K2 does require connecting a 2A minimum power supply (iPad charger or similar) to the K2's power port, and the Beloader device does require a Wi-Fi connection with pairing through Wi-Fi to your PS5.

10/6/2021 Update: Sony is starting to require the PS5 Dual Sense controller on several games which locks out the ability to use 3rd party controllers. PS4 versions of these games (not all have a PS4 versions) are still compatible with K2. At this time the following games are confirmed as not compatible with KeyMander 2 due to this issue.

Back 4 Blood

Battlefield 2042 beta

Call Of Duty: Vanguard

Deathloop

Diablo II: Resurrected

Doom Eternal

FarCry 6

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Fortnite

Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut

Rainbow Six Siege

Warframe

Wreckfest

4/28/2021 Update: The PS5 compatibility is still limited at this time to licensed 3rd party controllers, with the list of confirmed compatible controllers below. This list is not exclusive as other controllers may work but are not yet confirmed. If anyone has additional controllers that they've tested and confirmed working, please let us know.

NOTE: The PS5 DualSense controller is not currently able to authenticate through the K2, so every 8 minutes the PS5 will disconnect the K2 for the failed authentication. This is the reason the 3rd party licensed controller is needed, as you will connect it to the K2 controller port instead of using the PS5 DualSense controller. We are continuing to work on this issue, but we cannot comment on when the DualSense controller will be supported.

The PS5 update for 3rd party controllers was released as part of firmware V1.2.115 . This update does NOT work with the Sony DualSense controller, however it does allow full function with audio on PS5 games using the following 3rd party controllers:

Qanba Dragon Joystick (PS4)

Razer Panthera EVO (PS4)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.N Hayabusa (PS4/PS3/PC)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.4 KAI (PS4)

HORI Mini 

Razer Raiju

The 3rd party controller plugs into the controller port on the K2 and your mouse and keyboard connect normally. The PS5 controller is not needed in this configuration.

11/17/2020 10:59 AM

Reply to:

do you guys have a estimated date for the ps5 compatibility yet I’m sorry if I’m being pushy idk how this stuff works :/ but I’m enjoying the product props for making it really good though!!

The PS5 controller is turning out to be much more difficult to mirror than we had hoped, so for the time being we recommend using the Hori PS4 Mini controller (or others from the list) so you can play PS5 games on the PS5 without having issues.

04/30/2021 2:37 PM

If I use a hori mini can I play the ps5 version of the game without the controller getting disconnected?

05/29/2021 9:36 AM

Hey,

I have a question I have the keymander2 e, on the ps5 it works well (ps5 games and ps4 games) but today I installed deathloop. refused to work here. I think this is because the keymander mimics a PS4 controller. This game can only be played with a PS5 controller. is there a solution for this ?

THX :)

09/18/2021 7:00 AM

also Deathloop?

09/20/2021 8:13 AM

Reply to:

I dont see any usb settings, I see disconnect Bluetooth controller

You can reset NVIDIA settings or restore it.

09/22/2021 5:35 AM

Reply to:

If I use a hori mini can I play the ps5 version of the game without the controller getting disconnected?

Hi Toto,

Sorry we missed your question but yes, the Hori mini will allow you to play PS5 games without getting disconnected.

09/23/2021 2:35 PM

Reply to:

also Deathloop?

We are addressing this in your Deathloop thread.

09/23/2021 2:44 PM

Hi,

any news on ps5 dual sense and keymander 2 ???

the permanent failure of dual sense after 5 minutes, which has lasted for almost half a year, is now unbearable. moreover, after the last update, my keyboard stopped working. I had to replace it.

Thanks for answer

10/11/2021 3:32 AM

Reply to:

Hi,

any news on ps5 dual sense and keymander 2 ???

the permanent failure of dual sense after 5 minutes, which has lasted for almost half a year, is now unbearable. moreover, after the last update, my keyboard stopped working. I had to replace it.

Thanks for answer

We are keeping the first post in this thread updated for progress. At this time there is no compatibility with games requiring the Dual Sense controller (known games listed in first post), but we are looking at new avenues for a solution so bear with us.

10/13/2021 3:31 PM

I bought this for a Christmas do u have an idea if it will be working before then for Tom Clancy rainbow six seige

11/05/2021 1:55 PM

Any updates on this matter?? The game has been out for a while now. Please let us know, thank you!!

11/16/2021 4:27 AM

Anything on ps 5 and battlefield 2042??

11/19/2021 7:34 AM

Reply to:

[Deleted]

I'd really like to know too. I bought this for PS% BF2042 specifically since the devs screwed PS% with no MK support. I'm going to try to get it to work but who knows?

12/11/2021 4:34 PM

Yeah, they said they were working on it and said that they would keep up with this thread. But so far nothing since early November.

12/12/2021 12:13 PM

Can I not use the original PS5 controller at all?

12/17/2021 6:56 AM

Nope

12/18/2021 9:44 PM

Reply to:

Nope

Hi,

how is it possible that it still doesn't work with ps5 games????!!!!the fact is that I didn't like any ps5 game with keymander 2 !!!

only ps4 games work on ps5, but the dualsense still disconnects after a few minutes!!!

It might work with a third side, but I won't invest. your box (keymander 2) wasn't cheap !!!!

after your last update, my keypad stopped working for me.

if i knew and you didn't promise it would work with ps5, i wouldn't even buy this product!!!

where is your promised support?

where is only that promised update?

where is your proper support?

12/21/2021 1:30 AM

Reply to:

Hi,

how is it possible that it still doesn't work with ps5 games????!!!!the fact is that I didn't like any ps5 game with keymander 2 !!!

only ps4 games work on ps5, but the dualsense still disconnects after a few minutes!!!

It might work with a third side, but I won't invest. your box (keymander 2) wasn't cheap !!!!

after your last update, my keypad stopped working for me.

if i knew and you didn't promise it would work with ps5, i wouldn't even buy this product!!!

where is your promised support?

where is only that promised update?

where is your proper support?

Hi Roman,

If you need support for your keypad, please make sure to post in a separate thread as this is reserved for PS5 updates. When we have a solution or work around for the restrictions Sony has placed on the PS5 we will update this thread. At this moment there are some hardware solutions being worked on as well, but until we have something ready to release we are limited to the current level of compatibility.

01/06/2022 10:42 AM

Hori fighting commander octa announce for ps5. Maybe this will bring some hope for support.

01/17/2022 12:37 PM

Reply to:

Hori fighting commander octa announce for ps5. Maybe this will bring some hope for support.

We expect as Sony starts licensing the PS5 3rd party controllers we will be able to get access more easily. This is definitely a step in the right direction!

01/18/2022 9:18 AM

Can you maybe send me all working controllers that i need if id like to play Rainbow Six Siege on PS5

Cause its not pretty clear which are working without having disconnects every 6mins (that i heared so far)

Can you pls directly send me the links to working ones ( maybe over Direct Message if links arent allowed)

So id like to play Rainbow Six Siege on PS5 with my Keyboard without having disconnect whole time what do i need to do or have for that

02/21/2022 3:47 AM

Hi guys, I have the Hori mini game pad connected to the K2 ,and have PS5 set to usb . I'm getting disconnect after 6-8 mins into a game like PUBG or Hell let loose as PS5 can't see a dual sense controller. Are we any nearer an update?

Cheers

Spud

02/22/2022 6:41 AM

Reply to:

Can you maybe send me all working controllers that i need if id like to play Rainbow Six Siege on PS5

Cause its not pretty clear which are working without having disconnects every 6mins (that i heared so far)

Can you pls directly send me the links to working ones ( maybe over Direct Message if links arent allowed)

So id like to play Rainbow Six Siege on PS5 with my Keyboard without having disconnect whole time what do i need to do or have for that

I don’t have siege but the first post says siege ps5 does not work with keymander on ps5. You can try installing the PS4 version and use keymander.

02/22/2022 3:01 PM

Reply to:

I don’t have siege but the first post says siege ps5 does not work with keymander on ps5. You can try installing the PS4 version and use keymander.

Is possible to play with the dualshock controller but with disconnects every 6 8mins?

02/23/2022 4:32 AM

I am an old guy. I've been use to PC games using a keyboard and mouse. I recently switched to a PS5, however, the PS5 controller is quite clumsy, awkward and inefficient for my old brain and hands.

What is the status of the KeyMander 2 support and integration with the PS5? If not yet compatible, when do you anticipate full compatibility? Needless to say, like many people, I'm eager to employ a device like the KeyMander 2 in order to use my keyboard and mouse with my PS5.

02/23/2022 6:21 AM

Reply to:

Is possible to play with the dualshock controller but with disconnects every 6 8mins?

Please see the update at the top of this thread. We are now supporting the Beloader for full PS5 integration.

03/02/2022 12:17 PM

Reply to:

I am an old guy. I've been use to PC games using a keyboard and mouse. I recently switched to a PS5, however, the PS5 controller is quite clumsy, awkward and inefficient for my old brain and hands.

What is the status of the KeyMander 2 support and integration with the PS5? If not yet compatible, when do you anticipate full compatibility? Needless to say, like many people, I'm eager to employ a device like the KeyMander 2 in order to use my keyboard and mouse with my PS5.

We are now supporting the Beloader for full PS5 integration. Please see the update at the top of this thread for more information.

03/02/2022 12:18 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,