x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

KM2 is not connecting to controller via USB connection

So I have had many issues already with the keymander 2, I am hoping this is the last one so that i can play with it. Whenever my controller is connected to the keymander 2 it doesn't connect via USB. I have tried the method of unplugging the power cable for a minute, turning it on, plugging in the controller directly and then unplugging the controller and plugging it back in the KM2, that never worked. I have tried 2 controllers, a model 1708 wireless original, and my elite v2. I cannot use the aforementioned method above with the elite v2 because the keymander 2 (even with the extra power) cannot start the elite v2 by itself.

12/03/2021 3:05 PM

We are starting to see a number of 1708 controllers that do not connect in USB mode, even without the K2. I now have 3 of them that when connected directly to the console will not power on by themselves and only turn on after pressing the Xbox button which turns them on in BT mode. Although this is not a K2 issue, we are actively researching this to find a fix. Please check your 1708 to see if it turns on by itself after plugging directly into the console.

Your Elite V2 controller should work with the K2. Both of ours are working without issue, but you do need a good USB Type C to Type A cable that passes data. Make sure the Elite V2 is fully charged before connecting.

12/03/2021 3:37 PM

Reply to:

We are starting to see a number of 1708 controllers that do not connect in USB mode, even without the K2. I now have 3 of them that when connected directly to the console will not power on by themselves and only turn on after pressing the Xbox button which turns them on in BT mode. Although this is not a K2 issue, we are actively researching this to find a fix. Please check your 1708 to see if it turns on by itself after plugging directly into the console.

Your Elite V2 controller should work with the K2. Both of ours are working without issue, but you do need a good USB Type C to Type A cable that passes data. Make sure the Elite V2 is fully charged before connecting.

So my 1708 controll when directly connected to the console is fine being in USB mode, only when I connect it to the KM2 it turns into BT mode. My elite v2 mimics the same behavior when fully charged (Before I was plugging it in a half charge and I would get the low voltage issue).

12/04/2021 6:57 AM

Also would the cable that is included with an elite v2 work?

12/04/2021 6:59 AM

Reply to:

Also would the cable that is included with an elite v2 work?

I’m not a moderator or anything but I do know a thing or two and I’m pretty sure it most likely would and also if anything just look for a “data and sync usb-c” for your elite v2

12/05/2021 11:42 AM

Reply to:

So my 1708 controll when directly connected to the console is fine being in USB mode, only when I connect it to the KM2 it turns into BT mode. My elite v2 mimics the same behavior when fully charged (Before I was plugging it in a half charge and I would get the low voltage issue).

So does your 1708 controller can be emulated by the keymander2 and like you can use your keyboard and mouse while your controller is plugged into the keymander2?

12/05/2021 11:43 AM

Reply to:

So does your 1708 controller can be emulated by the keymander2 and like you can use your keyboard and mouse while your controller is plugged into the keymander2?

When my 1708 is plugged into the console directly it can work in usb mode. When plugged into the KM2 the controller will enter BT mode and nothing but the controller works (because its in BT mode).

12/05/2021 1:24 PM

I needed to revert the update to controller.

link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/revertrollbackdowngrade-xbox-controller-firmware/25f07169-3244-4fe0-838c-949951b7c109

12/10/2021 7:46 AM

Reply to:

I don't know if you guys have found a fix or the issue but I just ordered my K2 a couple days ago and couldn't get it to connect thru USB either. I figured out if the USB doesn't work properly at all the controller will automatically switch to Bluetooth mode. So if your USB port is janky or it's lose when you put it in, it could just be going into Bluetooth mode everytime there's not a connection.

12/17/2021 12:12 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,