x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

K2 App and Firmware updates LIVE NOW!

Next week (week of 8/17) Today we are releasing both a K2 App update and a big firmware update. This update includes a new mouse movement algorithm that massively improves performance and reduces low speed mouse jitter in games with poor aim/look engines like Rainbow Six Siege. Because of this new algorithm you will need to adjust your mouse sensitivity (on both General and Aim tabs) after you update your K2 unit. The scale has changed approximately 30% for most games, meaning you will need to increase your current sensitivity by about 30% (or more depending upon the game) to play at the speed you are used to. This basically means that if your current sensitivity is 50, you will need to set it to about 65 or more to move at a similar speed after the update.

In addition to the major mouse improvement we have added the following:

• Allow Macro keys and other function keys to register simultaneously 
  • Added support for these fight stick controllers which will now work on all three consoles: 

Qanba Dragon Joystick (PS4)

Razer Panthera EVO (PS4)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.N Hyabusa (PS4/PS3/PC)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.4 KAI (PS4)

• Added support for XBOX ONE Controller Model 1697
  • Added support for Ducky One 2 keyboard
  • Fixed a bug causing mouse side buttons and mouse wheel button to not register when moving some mice

08/12/2020 11:38 AM

I found the way to make the the mouse experience to close the last version

1.  The scale has changed approximately 30% for most games, meaning you will need to increase your current sensitivity by about 30% (or more depending upon the game) ,
  2. For example the sensitivity before is 50 your have to upgrade to 60~65
  3. Check your Sensitivity→Aim setting → if you separate setting the Aim setting , you have to increase the sensitivity both like general (30%)

4.Check your advance setting about edit curve then select the third type

hope it help your guys a lot

09/03/2020 7:00 PM

The issue we're having is *we use the high sensitivity to compensate for the change*, but the sensitivity still basically changes(slows down) and then reverts back to the original(what we're using). I do appreciate the idea though! I've tried various options and nothing worked for me. This was the best option actually, but it is no where near 100% for me. Of course you did say "close to" not "exactly" so I commend you.

09/03/2020 8:38 PM

How about you feel the new firmware improves issues with slow movement stuttering in games like R6S?

09/04/2020 12:35 AM

Reply to:

The issue we're having is *we use the high sensitivity to compensate for the change*, but the sensitivity still basically changes(slows down) and then reverts back to the original(what we're using). I do appreciate the idea though! I've tried various options and nothing worked for me. This was the best option actually, but it is no where near 100% for me. Of course you did say "close to" not "exactly" so I commend you.

Here's the link to the older firmware. Remember you will need to use a PC to downgrade to it.

09/04/2020 11:41 AM

Yeah I like the changes made in this FW but even after messing with the deadzone settings it is still very jittery when making small, precise mouse movements. 0,0,0 seems to be the best but anything higher makes it considerably worse.

09/09/2020 6:31 PM

I would like to add!, even with the new FW: It is very difficult for Y movements to be registered. I've tried changing the deadzone, increasing sens, etc., nothing worked. It's like it can't handle Y axis aim movements.

09/15/2020 4:23 PM

If you thought the Y axis is difficult to move please adjust the mouse traction control to level 1 or 2

https://www.keymander2.com/thread/510/5

09/15/2020 5:45 PM

Maybe it's aim assist then. Is there a way to turn it off? In game i llready have it set to disabled.

09/16/2020 5:16 AM

Just realized the whole issue with my aim slowing down randomly is still affecting it too. Both the aim assist and the issues with the FW really make it a buzzkill.

09/16/2020 5:20 AM

Oh yea, an important question. Does the Keymander2 work on the Xbox One X?(and PS5 respectively for those that use it)

09/16/2020 12:46 PM

Reply to:

Oh yea, an important question. Does the Keymander2 work on the Xbox One X?(and PS5 respectively for those that use it)

We will not know about PS5 and Xbox Series X until they launch since they do not give us pre-release units. However, we do expect some measure of compatibility with both since there has been announced some compatibility for legacy controllers, but we will wait and see.

09/16/2020 5:53 PM

Reply to:

Maybe it's aim assist then. Is there a way to turn it off? In game i llready have it set to disabled.

In Apex Legends aim assist off is Sensitivity 8. If you have any other setting you will still have aim assist. Do you by chance have any recorded game play that shows how the slowdown affects aim view?

09/16/2020 5:56 PM

Aim assist is on BO2, with cold war coming out i decided to play it again. I'll try i. :) (couldn't play BO1, broken disc. It isn't only in Apex, so i can try to get a video in BO2. Edit: Also apologies, I thought the two platforms were released.

09/16/2020 8:21 PM

*works on xbox one x*. My issue is resolved so far since the new X version(not the series x) It is no longer slowing down I feel in other games. Stopped playing Apex so idk how it is in there. Appreciate y'all for dealing with me.

09/24/2020 7:14 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,