x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

PS5 Compatibility requirements (2022 update)

3/1/2022 Update: We are updating this post to confirm that we are officially supporting the hardware device known as Beloader to enable KeyMander 2 compatibility with PS5. We are not affiliated with Beloader, however we believe it is a cost-effective and easy solution to play your PS5 games and K2 is fully compatible with it. The Beloader device is available on Amazon for around $60 (link here) and allows full compatibility with PS5 games on PS5 using a PS5 controller connected to the K2, with the Beloader plugged in between the K2 and PS5 console. Using Beloader with K2 does require connecting a 2A minimum power supply (iPad charger or similar) to the K2's power port, and the Beloader device does require a Wi-Fi connection with pairing through Wi-Fi to your PS5.

10/6/2021 Update: Sony is starting to require the PS5 Dual Sense controller on several games which locks out the ability to use 3rd party controllers. PS4 versions of these games (not all have a PS4 versions) are still compatible with K2. At this time the following games are confirmed as not compatible with KeyMander 2 due to this issue.

Back 4 Blood

Battlefield 2042 beta

Call Of Duty: Vanguard

Deathloop

Diablo II: Resurrected

Doom Eternal

FarCry 6

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Fortnite

Ghost of Tsushima Directors Cut

Rainbow Six Siege

Warframe

Wreckfest

4/28/2021 Update: The PS5 compatibility is still limited at this time to licensed 3rd party controllers, with the list of confirmed compatible controllers below. This list is not exclusive as other controllers may work but are not yet confirmed. If anyone has additional controllers that they've tested and confirmed working, please let us know.

NOTE: The PS5 DualSense controller is not currently able to authenticate through the K2, so every 8 minutes the PS5 will disconnect the K2 for the failed authentication. This is the reason the 3rd party licensed controller is needed, as you will connect it to the K2 controller port instead of using the PS5 DualSense controller. We are continuing to work on this issue, but we cannot comment on when the DualSense controller will be supported.

The PS5 update for 3rd party controllers was released as part of firmware V1.2.115 . This update does NOT work with the Sony DualSense controller, however it does allow full function with audio on PS5 games using the following 3rd party controllers:

Qanba Dragon Joystick (PS4)

Razer Panthera EVO (PS4)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.N Hayabusa (PS4/PS3/PC)

HORI Real Arcade Pro.4 KAI (PS4)

HORI Mini 

Razer Raiju

The 3rd party controller plugs into the controller port on the K2 and your mouse and keyboard connect normally. The PS5 controller is not needed in this configuration.

11/17/2020 10:59 AM

Does the beloader work well? I red multiple reviews and they don’t seem all great

04/19/2022 12:33 PM

Hi

If I use a ps4 version of the game do I have to use the ps4 controller

05/26/2022 1:55 AM

Reply to:

Does the beloader work well? I red multiple reviews and they don’t seem all great

The beloader works. I use one. So far works on all my ps5 games.

05/28/2022 5:55 PM

Hello Guys!

I just bought a K2 and it’s works perfectly on Xbox Series S!

Thank you!

Is it possible that is not working with PS5 ( PS5 controller ) yet?

05/28/2022 7:18 PM

Reply to:

Hi

If I use a ps4 version of the game do I have to use the ps4 controller

Yes

09/29/2022 7:25 PM

Can you include instructions? I did what is on YouTube and still nothing…

01/19/2023 5:36 PM

Hey!

Any update on this topic?

Thx!

02/24/2023 8:34 AM

Hello,

I recently tried a Beloader but had issues due to the setup process being only compatible with PC.

So I purchased what I thought was one of the compatible 3rd party controller. It was a Hori Mini Joystick(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KXMEW4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1). The device itself is compatible with my PS5. When I connected to my Keymander 2, my mouse and keyboard started functioning as well. When I tried playing a game like Horizon Forbidden West, the game would not start. I received an error message that said something like "wireless controller required to play this game". I then tried a fighting game like Mortal Kombat 11, and that worked fine.

My question - are the only compatible 3rd party controllers fighting sticks? Are there any compatible controllers that will only me to play games such as Horizon Forbidden West with Mouse/Keyboard?

09/29/2023 9:24 AM

Reply to:

Hello,

I recently tried a Beloader but had issues due to the setup process being only compatible with PC.

So I purchased what I thought was one of the compatible 3rd party controller. It was a Hori Mini Joystick(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014KXMEW4?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1). The device itself is compatible with my PS5. When I connected to my Keymander 2, my mouse and keyboard started functioning as well. When I tried playing a game like Horizon Forbidden West, the game would not start. I received an error message that said something like "wireless controller required to play this game". I then tried a fighting game like Mortal Kombat 11, and that worked fine.

My question - are the only compatible 3rd party controllers fighting sticks? Are there any compatible controllers that will only me to play games such as Horizon Forbidden West with Mouse/Keyboard?

Due to PS5 now requiring DualSense PS5 controllers to play PS5 games, the HORI would not pass through PS5's DualSense authentication check which is why you are receiving that error. At this time there are no 3rd party fighting sticks nor PS5 controllers that can get around that authentication check through an emulator standalone unfortunately.

Remote Play solutions would really be the only way to get around the DualSense PS5 authentication check for PS5 games.

09/29/2023 1:53 PM

Reply to:

Due to PS5 now requiring DualSense PS5 controllers to play PS5 games, the HORI would not pass through PS5's DualSense authentication check which is why you are receiving that error. At this time there are no 3rd party fighting sticks nor PS5 controllers that can get around that authentication check through an emulator standalone unfortunately.

Remote Play solutions would really be the only way to get around the DualSense PS5 authentication check for PS5 games.

that makes sense. i appreciate the quick response!

09/30/2023 8:17 AM

Add a comment

Welcome,