x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

(FIXED 2/8/2021) Doesn’t work with Xbox One

Hello. I have tried everything to get this to work with my standard Xbox One. I’m worried that it won’t work and I’ll have to pick up a XIM since I know those do.

I have the latest software on my Xbox, it’s controller, and the KM2. I have connected it exactly how the video and instructions in this thread say to do it: https://keymander2.com/thread/652/60

No luck. It doesn’t appear that the KM2 is allowing the controller to speak with the Xbox. I have tried my controller with and without batteries in it and also tried the method of forcing the controller to only use USB connection (another recommendation from the staff in a thread here). The Xbox does not turn on my controller through the KM2 when properly connected and following the instructions.

I’m at a loss here. I’ve followed every instruction to the T. It doesn’t appear as if the controller is speaking to the Xbox through the KM2. Again, I’ve following the “forced USB” method.

I have also tried using 2 different Xbox controllers, 3 different keyboards, and 2 different mice, as well as a different cord between the controller and KM2 (although most tries are through the supplied cord).

Please help, I want this to work. I don’t want to have to return and order a XIM.

Edit 2/8/2021: Circling back to inform everyone that it is now working. There was no 'fix' to my issue, I believe the KM2 was operational and that the issue was not just one, or two, but all three of the keyboards I was using. I used two different wireless keyboards, a basic Logitech K270 and an Arteck HW192 as well as a cheap wired random-brand RGB keyboard from Amazon. I'm not too surprised the cheap Amazon board didn't work with the KM2. I am a little surprised the two wireless also didn't work. But I tried a fourth keyboard based on a suggestion from another thread and the Logitech G513 works fine. Both of the mice i previously tried now work, leading me to believe it was something in the previous three keyboards. Very odd. But it works now.

02/04/2021 6:02 PM

Update from this morning: I did a reset on the KM2 by pressing button 2 three times. On the app I was then prompted to update the firmware, which I did. Now the KM2 keeps cycling and will not stay on, additionally I receive an error on my iPhone X (latest firmware) saying unsuccessful pairing with the KM2.

If the KM2 update from just now is brand new (pushed this morning), then I would fear it has some bugs. If this update wasn't new, then we have a new issue with the KM2.

Additional info: I saw a thread where controller models may be an issue, depending on the model. I have been trying to connect through an Xbox controller model 1697 as well as a 1708.

Nothing working.

02/05/2021 5:26 AM

Reply to:

Update from this morning: I did a reset on the KM2 by pressing button 2 three times. On the app I was then prompted to update the firmware, which I did. Now the KM2 keeps cycling and will not stay on, additionally I receive an error on my iPhone X (latest firmware) saying unsuccessful pairing with the KM2.

If the KM2 update from just now is brand new (pushed this morning), then I would fear it has some bugs. If this update wasn't new, then we have a new issue with the KM2.

Additional info: I saw a thread where controller models may be an issue, depending on the model. I have been trying to connect through an Xbox controller model 1697 as well as a 1708.

Nothing working.

What keyboard and mouse are you using?

What game are you trying to play?

Did you load your own profile or one from Game Center?

Please follow these steps and let us know the answer to each question.

1. Unplug the keyboard and mouse.
  2. Follow the setup instruction as in the video here, but do not connect the keyboard and mouse.
  3. At this point you should have only the controller connected to the K2. What color is the LED?
  4. Load a profile for Xbox One from Game Center. What color is the LED? It should be green

02/05/2021 10:10 AM

Reply to:

What keyboard and mouse are you using?

What game are you trying to play?

Did you load your own profile or one from Game Center?

Please follow these steps and let us know the answer to each question.

1. Unplug the keyboard and mouse.
  2. Follow the setup instruction as in the video here, but do not connect the keyboard and mouse.
  3. At this point you should have only the controller connected to the K2. What color is the LED?
  4. Load a profile for Xbox One from Game Center. What color is the LED? It should be green

Hi there - I added an edit to my initial post as I figured this issue out. I will also answer your questions here (though the problem is gone).

I believe the KM2 was operational the whole time and that the issue was not just one, or two, but all three of the keyboards I was using. I used two different wireless keyboards, a basic Logitech K270 and an Arteck HW192 as well as a cheap wired random-brand RGB keyboard from Amazon. I'm not too surprised the cheap Amazon board didn't work with the KM2. I am a little surprised the two wireless also didn't work. But I tried a fourth keyboard based on a suggestion from another thread and the Logitech G513 works fine. Both of the mice i previously tried now work, leading me to believe it was something in the previous three keyboards. Very odd. But it works now.

To answer your questions:

Keyboard/mouse - Listed above

Game - Any, my xbox wouldn't recognize any inputs even at Xbox home

Load - Loaded the default Xbox1 profile (green LED on KM2).

02/09/2021 2:27 PM

Reply to:

Hi there - I added an edit to my initial post as I figured this issue out. I will also answer your questions here (though the problem is gone).

I believe the KM2 was operational the whole time and that the issue was not just one, or two, but all three of the keyboards I was using. I used two different wireless keyboards, a basic Logitech K270 and an Arteck HW192 as well as a cheap wired random-brand RGB keyboard from Amazon. I'm not too surprised the cheap Amazon board didn't work with the KM2. I am a little surprised the two wireless also didn't work. But I tried a fourth keyboard based on a suggestion from another thread and the Logitech G513 works fine. Both of the mice i previously tried now work, leading me to believe it was something in the previous three keyboards. Very odd. But it works now.

To answer your questions:

Keyboard/mouse - Listed above

Game - Any, my xbox wouldn't recognize any inputs even at Xbox home

Load - Loaded the default Xbox1 profile (green LED on KM2).

I'm surprised a Logitech didn't work, so we will have to get a K270 to test. I'm not familiar with the Arteck but after Googling it I'm guessing it has non-standard ASCII protocols so that may be the reason. We will update our compatibility chart, and thank you for the info!

02/09/2021 2:40 PM

Hello im new to this keymander 2 system and i only got it yesterday so i tried hooking it up to my xbox one and i followed the video but it didn't seem to work i didn't get no green led and after it had an error updating on the app it wouldn't read any of the controllers mouse and keyboards i tried resetting it by holding both buttons but the only thing it does is blink from left to right and i was really hoping there will be a solution so i could enjoy my time on it... Plz need help.

02/12/2021 8:41 AM

Reply to:

Hello im new to this keymander 2 system and i only got it yesterday so i tried hooking it up to my xbox one and i followed the video but it didn't seem to work i didn't get no green led and after it had an error updating on the app it wouldn't read any of the controllers mouse and keyboards i tried resetting it by holding both buttons but the only thing it does is blink from left to right and i was really hoping there will be a solution so i could enjoy my time on it... Plz need help.

Have you downloaded the User Guide yet? Sounds like you put it into firmware update mode, so use the easy reset which is pressing button 2 three times quickly. Next, what phone and operating system number do you have? If you have a problem updating from the K2 App you can download the firmware from our website with the link here using the instructions from the User Guide page 104.

02/12/2021 4:20 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,