x
x

Add a comment

Device: KeyMander 2

Azeron compatibility

i can’t be the only one using an Azeron keypad with a KEYMANDER 2. So it compatible? Yes and no, I can get the keyboard and mouse functioning but not without issues, when I boot up my Xbox the keypad will work but not the mouse, I have to unplug the azeron and plug it back in for the mouse to start functioning again. I also keep getting clicking in my headset that is plugged into my controller as well as intermittent microphone disconnections. These issues only exist while using the Azeron keypad with my KEYMANDER 2. Any thoughts?

12/12/2020 6:19 PM

I should add I am on a series X console using a series X controller.

12/12/2020 6:27 PM

I actually had never seen one of these, so it wasn't something we have ever tested. That said, it looks really cool so we will have to get one for testing. I am absolutely certain that is uses some proprietary coding so I'm surprised it works as much as it does, however we may be able to add support for it after our engineering team analyzes it.

12/14/2020 2:44 PM

Reply to:

I actually had never seen one of these, so it wasn't something we have ever tested. That said, it looks really cool so we will have to get one for testing. I am absolutely certain that is uses some proprietary coding so I'm surprised it works as much as it does, however we may be able to add support for it after our engineering team analyzes it.

So I have new results to report. I downgraded the KEYMANDER 2 firmware back to 1.2.112. I forgot I had updated the firmware to 1.2.113 just before getting the Azeron, at this point I had already tried 4 different firmware versions from Azeron and kept loading different ones into the Azerons Teensy++2.0 trying to find one that perhaps the KEYMANDER 2 would like better. When I realized I had upgraded firmware on K2 I decided to try downgrading that firmware before I put the Teensy through another hard boot again and VIOLA! Results! I am now able to boot up my Xbox and play without troubleshooting the K2 to get my mouse working. Everything has been working flawlessly so far with the exception of Fortnite d/c my mouse but I believe Fortnite recently did some sort of patch that is causing issues with consoles using M+KB.

12/14/2020 6:18 PM

Reply to:

So I have new results to report. I downgraded the KEYMANDER 2 firmware back to 1.2.112. I forgot I had updated the firmware to 1.2.113 just before getting the Azeron, at this point I had already tried 4 different firmware versions from Azeron and kept loading different ones into the Azerons Teensy++2.0 trying to find one that perhaps the KEYMANDER 2 would like better. When I realized I had upgraded firmware on K2 I decided to try downgrading that firmware before I put the Teensy through another hard boot again and VIOLA! Results! I am now able to boot up my Xbox and play without troubleshooting the K2 to get my mouse working. Everything has been working flawlessly so far with the exception of Fortnite d/c my mouse but I believe Fortnite recently did some sort of patch that is causing issues with consoles using M+KB.

Thank you for testing it with the .112 firmware as that now gives us a place to reference!

12/15/2020 12:22 PM

Is the Azeron compatible now? Just came across this thread.....thanks!

05/22/2021 4:54 PM

Well I went ahead and bought the device and I can confirm it in fact works with the K2.

05/26/2021 4:47 PM

Reply to:

Well I went ahead and bought the device and I can confirm it in fact works with the K2.

Thank you for testing that for us! We very much appreciate our forum members and the help you all provide!

05/27/2021 5:32 PM

Reply to:

Thank you for testing that for us! We very much appreciate our forum members and the help you all provide!

I was not able to get the analog input to work like a traditional thumb stick. However in the software for the Azeron I was able to map the thumb stick to "WASD" commands that of a keyboard. Thankfully the Azeron has an onboard memory. The K2 recognized that and everything is working as it should.

I mentioned to the Azeron company that their product works with yours btw. Pretty legit combination adding your K2 with the Azeron in my opinion. Amazing game play for consoles! KEYMANDER2 paired with the Azeron is a positive console game changing experience going on here......changing the way I play console games forever!

05/28/2021 7:34 AM

Reply to:

I was not able to get the analog input to work like a traditional thumb stick. However in the software for the Azeron I was able to map the thumb stick to "WASD" commands that of a keyboard. Thankfully the Azeron has an onboard memory. The K2 recognized that and everything is working as it should.

I mentioned to the Azeron company that their product works with yours btw. Pretty legit combination adding your K2 with the Azeron in my opinion. Amazing game play for consoles! KEYMANDER2 paired with the Azeron is a positive console game changing experience going on here......changing the way I play console games forever!

Im having trouble getting my Azeron to work at all, can you let me know what firmware you had on your Azeron?? maybe thats my issue..

it would be nice if it was directly supported by the Keymander 2

12/31/2021 8:32 AM

Reply to:

Im having trouble getting my Azeron to work at all, can you let me know what firmware you had on your Azeron?? maybe thats my issue..

it would be nice if it was directly supported by the Keymander 2

We just bought one to do some R&D work around it. I'm hoping we can add analog support for the thumbstick.

01/06/2022 3:51 PM

Reply to:

We just bought one to do some R&D work around it. I'm hoping we can add analog support for the thumbstick.

Glad to hear that! I just recently received my Azeron Cyborg with intention of mainly using it on my Xbox Series X. The unit is nicely built, but apparently made to work with XIM for consoles, and XIM isn't even being made presently. So I tried a Gamesir VX2 which did not work at all.

I just ordered a Keymander2 mainly based on reading this thread. I have some functionality using keyboard settings right now, but it leaves a lot to be desired. I am hoping the K2 makes most of it work. From what I have already read online, you would probably get a lot of new customers from Azeron users once the word gets out. Currently used XIMs are going for around $300 and may be losing XIM support soon. They are making controllers now.

02/08/2022 12:49 PM

Reply to:

Glad to hear that! I just recently received my Azeron Cyborg with intention of mainly using it on my Xbox Series X. The unit is nicely built, but apparently made to work with XIM for consoles, and XIM isn't even being made presently. So I tried a Gamesir VX2 which did not work at all.

I just ordered a Keymander2 mainly based on reading this thread. I have some functionality using keyboard settings right now, but it leaves a lot to be desired. I am hoping the K2 makes most of it work. From what I have already read online, you would probably get a lot of new customers from Azeron users once the word gets out. Currently used XIMs are going for around $300 and may be losing XIM support soon. They are making controllers now.

We have received our Azeron controller finally! We found a bug in our current V.117 firmware that causes most of our previous patches for certain keyboards and mice to not work, so while the Azeron works with our v.116 firmware, it is not working in v.117. That said, I just finished testing the beta version of v.118 and it fixes that issue. We will be launching v.118 soon, but anyone with an Azerson can contact me for the firmware to use with a PC for manual K2 update.

Also, after testing the Azeron I have found everything EXCEPT the analog stick functions with K2. I have asked our R&D team to look into adding support for the analog stick for movement function as I think it is quite possibly the best accessory to K2. In any case, I think I'm going to run off with our test sample Azeron as I really like it! It does have a learning curve, but I can see I would be better after spending some serious time with it.

02/08/2022 2:12 PM

Reply to:

We have received our Azeron controller finally! We found a bug in our current V.117 firmware that causes most of our previous patches for certain keyboards and mice to not work, so while the Azeron works with our v.116 firmware, it is not working in v.117. That said, I just finished testing the beta version of v.118 and it fixes that issue. We will be launching v.118 soon, but anyone with an Azerson can contact me for the firmware to use with a PC for manual K2 update.

Also, after testing the Azeron I have found everything EXCEPT the analog stick functions with K2. I have asked our R&D team to look into adding support for the analog stick for movement function as I think it is quite possibly the best accessory to K2. In any case, I think I'm going to run off with our test sample Azeron as I really like it! It does have a learning curve, but I can see I would be better after spending some serious time with it.

excellent

02/08/2022 3:38 PM

Reply to:

Sorry for dumb question but are u saying we just need the pc for the firmware update then we can use Azeron on console or while we use the Azeron with the KEYMANDER device connected to a pc?

02/18/2022 7:43 AM

Would love to use the Azeron on console.

02/18/2022 7:44 AM

Reply to:

Sorry for dumb question but are u saying we just need the pc for the firmware update then we can use Azeron on console or while we use the Azeron with the KEYMANDER device connected to a pc?

Yes, that is correct. Technically speaking you need a PC to program the Azeron using their software anyway, then you can use it with K2.

02/25/2022 11:28 AM

Reply to:

Hi, I messaged you about this, but not sure if you got it:

"I finally [received] my keymander2 to use to adapt my Azeron Cyborg keypad to my Xbox Series X. Can you give me a link to the 116 firmware version? The installed one seems very old and will only let me upgrade to 1.2.117, which I understand does not work with the Azeron. Thanks"

So I tried the keymander2 with the included firmware, then with the upgraded version and neither one works at all. I used the km2 iPhone app for the upgrade and setup. I tried the Azeron XIM profile as well as a keyboard profile I already had. Neither worked.

So currently I cannot use the Azeron with my Xbox series X at all. Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to change settings on the Azeron with my pc before using it with the KM2?

Thanks,

Rich

03/01/2022 9:27 AM

Reply to:

Hi, I messaged you about this, but not sure if you got it:

"I finally [received] my keymander2 to use to adapt my Azeron Cyborg keypad to my Xbox Series X. Can you give me a link to the 116 firmware version? The installed one seems very old and will only let me upgrade to 1.2.117, which I understand does not work with the Azeron. Thanks"

So I tried the keymander2 with the included firmware, then with the upgraded version and neither one works at all. I used the km2 iPhone app for the upgrade and setup. I tried the Azeron XIM profile as well as a keyboard profile I already had. Neither worked.

So currently I cannot use the Azeron with my Xbox series X at all. Any help would be appreciated. Do I need to change settings on the Azeron with my pc before using it with the KM2?

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Rich, I just messaged you back. Please send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

03/01/2022 10:54 AM

Reply to:

Hi Rich, I just messaged you back. Please send me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Still waiting for the old firmware (116) to see if I can make my Azeron compatible with my Xbox series X. So far Keymander does nothing when I hook it up using the latest (or the installed) firmware.

May have to bite the bullet and buy an old Xim from eBay.

03/08/2022 11:09 AM

Reply to:

Still waiting for the old firmware (116) to see if I can make my Azeron compatible with my Xbox series X. So far Keymander does nothing when I hook it up using the latest (or the installed) firmware.

May have to bite the bullet and buy an old Xim from eBay.

The updated firmware version 1.2.118 is now live and should solve the issue.

03/08/2022 6:58 PM

Hi, I am new to this thread. What is the current status on the Keymander 2 compatibility with the Azeron? Are there any problems still needing to be resolved? I am looking to pair my azeron with the nintendo switch. Thanks

03/25/2022 7:43 AM

Reply to:

I should add I am on a series X console using a series X controller.

so, what kind of keybinds did you use? standard m&k or xim profiles?

04/04/2022 4:56 PM

Reply to:

Hi, I am new to this thread. What is the current status on the Keymander 2 compatibility with the Azeron? Are there any problems still needing to be resolved? I am looking to pair my azeron with the nintendo switch. Thanks

The Azeron works with K2. You need to use the Azeron PC app to set it up initially, then plug into K2 and set your bindings as needed.

04/05/2022 12:41 PM

Reply to:

so, what kind of keybinds did you use? standard m&k or xim profiles?

Just set up your Azeron with the PC app using the keyboard keys you want, then plug it into K2 and set your bindings. It works very well actually.

04/05/2022 12:43 PM

to Mr Hamilton, just let you know that i plug an azeron cyborg with my ps5, work in menu, all my ps4 game, division 2, diablo 3.. if need info for it let me know.

10/08/2022 12:02 PM

Hi, is there any update on the analog/control stick for the Azeron cyborg? Does it work yet? What about the 5 way switch?

11/25/2022 1:58 PM

Hello. I was curious about the azeron compatibility. It just came in yesterday. Set it up on PC, plugged it in. Everything lit up and nothing is working on it. Mouse works fine but the pad isn't. Plugged back up to PC all buttons and joystick are working. Plug back in to KM and still nothing. Do I need to roll back my firmware or am I missing something with the azeron setup?

01/31/2023 7:19 AM

Reply to:

Hello. I was curious about the azeron compatibility. It just came in yesterday. Set it up on PC, plugged it in. Everything lit up and nothing is working on it. Mouse works fine but the pad isn't. Plugged back up to PC all buttons and joystick are working. Plug back in to KM and still nothing. Do I need to roll back my firmware or am I missing something with the azeron setup?

Hello, you must first set up the Azeron using their mapping software. Just make sure it is the official Azeron software since we have reports that some customers were having issues when they were mapping through their temporary software "reWASD" that they were using for a couple months. The last software version that we confirmed working was v1.00 in case you have trouble with the latest (v1.1.1).

01/31/2023 8:30 AM

Reply to:

Hello, you must first set up the Azeron using their mapping software. Just make sure it is the official Azeron software since we have reports that some customers were having issues when they were mapping through their temporary software "reWASD" that they were using for a couple months. The last software version that we confirmed working was v1.00 in case you have trouble with the latest (v1.1.1).

I see. The software i was using is reWASD beta I believe. I will check this and let you know. Thank for your time.

01/31/2023 1:07 PM

Reply to:

So update. Checked software and its from their website. The version is 1.1.2. I've re-installed and mapped but it still is not working. Any insight?

01/31/2023 7:22 PM

Add a comment

Welcome,